PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there has been a thread on this but I can't seem to find it. So last night me and the wife were cruising around on the lake and every ten minutes or so one of the axles kept popping out of the differential. So I slid it back in by hand and ten minutes later the other side came out. Getting very frustrated. Im either thinking both my c-clips are bad or I need limiter straps for the rear. It didn't Do this until I had the rear boots replaced this week. Are there any suggestions for me. Also keep in mind I have the rhino axles in the SATV wicked 6 lift. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depending on your tire size, 6" of lift might be pushing the limit of the Rhino axle length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
764 Posts
What machine?

If it is a 900 the axle length gets longer on compression not extension so limiter straps will not help...but stiffer springs will....

I havent measured the older style rangers

I'd first check the groove the c-clip rides in and make sure it is scraped clean...it may have got junk in it when the axle was pulled to replace the boot...

Then test with small rubber o-ring under the c-clip...

And finally you can try a squared clip instead of rounded (but i dont like doing that)...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a 2010 800 xp and the axles are longer because the came with the wicked 6 lift kit from Satv, also I have my shocks turned just below the stiffest setting if that matters. The 29.5 terms are on it now.the o ring idea sounds pretty good I think IM going to give that a try first after I pull it apart and clean again.thanks for the input guys any other idea's before I get them pulled out would be great

·
Registered
762 Posts
You mentioned you "had the boots replaced" in the original post.

Did something happen there that we don't know about? Are boots solid or split? Were axles pulled and re-installed at that time?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lift kit came with new axles and boots already on them, I put maybe 20 miles on the kit and both rear inner cv boots split wide open. IMO those rhino boots are junk, they are stiff as a board and have no play and the cold weather here doesn't help. So I pulled both axles out had boots replaced with good ones installed as per specs put aboat 40 miles on then at the end of the night they started popping out of the differential. So I don't know if I didn't seat the axles good enough in the differential or if there is something else going on, but I did notice it was doing it when I slowed down from high speeds. Idk I'm stumped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.