PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving the other day at low speeds I heard a WHAM! when I went over a bump. I don't know the names of the parts and pieces, but in the rear suspension area, I found this rubber thing in my skid plate that attaches to the rod. Comparing it to the other side, it's clear where it goes back on.

I had to drop my skid plate to get at it better and was able to reattach it. I didn't drop the other side skid plate to getter a better comparison (because it's aPITA) and it seems to be the same but I would thought I ask if the way the bracket thing it screws into is normal. It appears warped. The other side appears warped as well, but don't know if this is normal or not.

1st pic is of the piece as I found it, 2nd and 3rd are of the bracket shape in question (after I reattached it) The 4th photo is of the other side but with the skid plate in the way for comparison. It looks the same but then again maybe both sides are bent?

Looking for opinions or photos to compare before I jackass it to the dealer an hour away.

Thank you

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
that is the rear sway bar and sway bar links/bushings and brackets

the rubber bushings will have a "shape" to them, the warping you describe this is normal
What is not normal is that one of your bushings fell off, whether it un threaded itself or came apart or whatever....it should be a very simple fix

·
Registered
305 Posts
If it simply unscrewed then put the link back in the hole and reinstall the bushing/nut. The nut is a locknut so I doubt it unscrewed unless it was just hand tightened to begin with. If it's stripped you'll want to replace that link and the nut/bushing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, the fix was easy, I jacked it up to get it back in the hole and screwed it back on, this time with a little blue loctite.

Also, thanks for the terminology reference.

The question remains, where the bushings get connected to the bracket. The shape of it. Is it normal? It looks bent on one side. Is this by design?

Can any post a pic for comparison?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Look at the parts diagram in your owners manual or on line to get an idea of the shape it should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts