PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

Rear View Camera Install

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Outdoorsmen 
#1 ·
With the Ranger 6x6 having a tall body on the back and to make it safer on emergency scenes, we added a rear view camera system to the unit. It is nothing special, just a china product from ebay but it works well day and night! Below are some pictures of it installed. Just an idea for all of you out there.
Measuring instrument Gauge Technology Auto part Vehicle

Electronics Screen Multimedia Display device Electronic device

Vehicle Metal

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks and yes they did a great job and made it custom to our specs. We had them install a sump so we can get all the water out of the tank. We also moved the water tank to the front and put the through-cabinet behind the water. Departments we talked to said to keep the water weight as close to the front as possible so that is why we switched it.

#4 ·
Those cameras are great. I put on in my truck and love it. Nice wide view and can back up to a trailer ball first time. Camera is mounted right under the tail gate. Collects a lot of dust and dirt that low but a quick wipe with a finger when I walk by takes care of that. Those vehicles are great for rescue work as well as fire fighting. Nice set up you guys have.

#5 ·
My department just got a SXS, but they didn't listen to me cause ya know the front office "knows best". They bought a mule.....! One of our own decked it out in stickers and strobe lights lights. Looks stupid. They didn't even set it up with proper tie downs on the trailer. I was pushing for a ranger alr ready set up from polaris. Showed them the options on the polaris site but the mule was cheaper. Oh well, at least it's not a honda.

#6 ·
All Fire Departments must be about the same. The people sitting at the desks that don't run the calls or have to use the equipment make the decisions about purchases. I can't tell you how many times our department got apparatus that were lemons, their in service time was less than 50%! The new apparatus sat in the shop while we ran calls in apparatus with well over 100k miles (odometers had gone back to zero and started counting again).

#7 ·
Yeah it's amazing how a $750,000 firetruck turns out to be a constant issue, all the while a little $17,000 car runs like a champ and comes with a 100,000 mile warranty.
Our 2nd newest truck got a new motor in its first year of life (e-one). Got a peirce about 8 yrs ago that is always broke too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.