PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to purchase a rear window gun rack for my 900xp ranger. I have not found a good one yet. There are a lot of overhead units but nothing for rear window. Does anyone know where to get one and if you have one, how do you like it and do you have pics?

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
In the beginning I installed one of these units inside the cab mounted on the floor, then I added another adapter plate in the bed of my Ranger so if I wanted to mount the gun rack there for a Skeet outing. Removable Floor Mount Two Gun Holder
Not fully satisfied with my options I bought the old standby gun rack for pickups and installed it in the rear window area of the cab. The attached picture is not too good but you get the idea. I can put 2 guns in there and I've never bumped my head on the gun stock, matter of fact I've never bumped my head on the head rest. If I were to start over I would have probably bought the Rugged Gear Unit that would have fit and been of better quality. My current one (and could be replaced whaenever I get a whim to do so) works fine but on some Skeet Ranges they require "Guns UP" so I started with the floor mounted unit. Hope this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have been wanting something to mount my bow. I have been thinking i am going to have to make my own.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Which model of rugged gear gun rack would you recommend?
Probably this one Adjustable Screw Mount Double Hook I find myself using my rear window mounted unit more than the floor mounted one, and it's out of the elements...but I would suggest a gun sock due to the dust the Rangers kicks up.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
For years in my old jeep I had a upright gun mount, two piece a boot the bolted to the floorboard then a hand that screwed to the dash, it was rubber coated steel, I always had a shotgun in it. I'd love to find a single mount like that for the Ranger.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the floor mounted gun rack which I like for shotguns or rifles but it did not work very well for my AR15. I added the Rugged Gear Adjustable Screw Mount Gun Holder to the rear window frame. Turned out perfect. My AR is held solid and up out of the way. And now I have room for a shotgun, rifle, and the AR.
Gun Vehicle Firearm Automotive exterior Bumper

Vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part Car Wheel

Reactions: TG-OK

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you happen to have any pictures of you rear gun rack you fabbed up? I'd like to see them but they won't show. I just decided to do the same thing a few minutes ago but would like to see your design.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have the adjustable screw mount double rack on outside back window the only problem is you can't lift bed with gun rack installed. I could move it to inside but didn't want to hit my head on it constantly .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.