PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board, first post. I've got a 2015 570 Full Size Ranger (R15RTA57AC). I bought it used.

I've had a lot of issues with dust/debris in the engine causing compression loss, and effectively causing it to stop working. Engine's been rebuilt/replaced a couple of times through a local ATV service place. I was to the point of getting rid of the thing all together, but talked to nFlow (who had previously provided a remanufactured engine) and worked with them on getting mine running again. I've done all the work on getting the engine out and to them, and now I'm getting ready to put it back in.

So here I am, with pretty much the whole backend apart, and while I have it apart, I've been thinking about things I can do to address the dust/debris problem and any other preventive type things I can do while I have the whole thing apart. And even maybe some cool things, like a bed light for the back and in the cab (red lense, since I hunt). I've already replaced the crankcase ventilation hose thanks to an old post on this forum. That's actually how I discovered this forum.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
520 Posts
J, I've done quite a few 2015-16 570 top end rebuilds due to the problems with the vent hose and air filter box. That old post you talked about was from me. You've already replaced the black vent hose with the reddish one and I haven't seen a problem with them. I do still see owners having a hard time with the rectangular air box. It's easy for the hinges on the back of the air box to detach and if left unnoticed will create a 1/8" gap at the back of the air box. I've also seen where the filter was installed slightly crooked causing a gap. My solution, which I do every time now, is to remove the air box when servicing the filter. Three 10mm bolts and three hose clamps and it out. Get it on the bench and clean the lid and base paying close attention to the groove that the filter seats in. Install the new filter and visually verify the back hinge as well as the seating of the perimeter. This only adds about 10 minutes and also allows inspection of the intake tube for dust. Where I'm at it's VERY dusty and the dust is fine like flour. I've been servicing the air filters this way for the past two years and have yet to have one come back in for service with dust in the intake. Follow this and it'll be the last time tearing into that engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BPS, that's great advice. When we get a dry spell where I'm at, the logging roads and green fields turn to dust, almost like a powder, like you said, and it gets all over everything. I'll make sure to follow the procedure you've outlined for the air box. I'm also looking to replace the stock air filter with this one.

I've got to clean the throttle body out; any recommendations on that? It's sitting on the bench now. I've read it's not a good idea to move the valve around manually because it could screw up the TPS setting or something. What are you thoughts?

·
Registered
520 Posts
You will find many threads on here about air filters and the general consensus is oiled foam filters are inferior to paper filters when it comes to filtering dust. Personally I would stick with the OEM filter. The way that I clean the throttle bodies is with spray type carb/intake cleaner and a small toothbrush. I've always manually opened and closed the butterfly without it causing any ill effects. Although, I do try and limit the amount opening/closing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New to the board, first post. I've got a 2015 570 Full Size Ranger (R15RTA57AC). I bought it used.

I've had a lot of issues with dust/debris in the engine causing compression loss, and effectively causing it to stop working. Engine's been rebuilt/replaced a couple of times through a local ATV service place. I was to the point of getting rid of the thing all together, but talked to nFlow (who had previously provided a remanufactured engine) and worked with them on getting mine running again. I've done all the work on getting the engine out and to them, and now I'm getting ready to put it back in.

So here I am, with pretty much the whole backend apart, and while I have it apart, I've been thinking about things I can do to address the dust/debris problem and any other preventive type things I can do while I have the whole thing apart. And even maybe some cool things, like a bed light for the back and in the cab (red lense, since I hunt). I've already replaced the crankcase ventilation hose thanks to an old post on this forum. That's actually how I discovered this forum.

Any feedback appreciated.
I have a 2015 570 full size. In Idaho we ride in dust a lot in summer. I bit the bullet and got an S&B particle separator. $4oo but I've been running the same air filter ever since. They work excellent. No, I don't work for them either, just got tired of worrying about dust ingestion. A filter will last all year or more. Always check supply hoses when going on a long ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts