PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my quest for more stuff to add on to the Ranger I felt a remote start would help on those cold mornings while hunting. I have one season under my belt now and it has worked flawlessly so far. I estimate it took about an hour to install to include taking the dash lid off and making some sense of the directions.

Basically, the Bulldog RS82 off Ebay system is pretty simple and very effective. Two buttons on remote (Start & Stop). Push the start button and the Ranger's system primes itself on the first cranks. Then after a few seconds since the Ranger didn't start it cranks again to then start the motor. Once the vehicle is running the headlights will then turn on after a few second to show the motor is running. If for any reason the brake is pushed the system shuts off. If left alone the system will run for 15 minutes and if no activity it will automatically shut down.

Really like it and for the price I couldn't beat it. With the heater blasting I get into a warm Ranger every time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I dont need one for my ranger or at least I dont think I do lol, but I love the one in my truck so maybe I need one....

Which one did you get? Post link.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I too added a remote start that same one.
I tied into the brake line so when you touch the brakes it shuts off.
Now here is a crazy idea I might try.
The ignition wire #2 I might attach to the brake switch cold side down the mine and I’d put a diode in before the brake wire that runs to the remote start. So the check engine light won’t come on but if you tap the brake it shuts off.
I’m not sure if it’ll work but I’m going to attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts