PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing some trail at the farm with my new 900. Toting chain saws, gas and oil along in the bed. I told my dad to be careful i dont want that spilled in the bed....of course the can leaks and i get 2 cycle gas all over my tailgate. It smells like gas and i hate it. I got the machine for hunting so i dont want it rubbing off on my hunting gear. Ive tried car soap, dish soap, simple green, baking soda, vinegar all will not to much luck. Its gone away some but i can still smell it and its been over a week. Today i took off the tailgate cap and brought it into the kitchen to scrub. The hot water really brought out the smell and my wife could smell it in the next room.
any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like what?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here's 1 for ya. A marine tried to shop vac gas he spilled in his truck bed and static elect. ignited it, he burned up his truck the car next to him and the carport. This was on the local news yesterday, happened at the Marine housing on the base in 29 palms, Ca. Be careful, shit happens!!!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It's all relative. Put a skunk in the bed, poke it with a stick ,and the gas might not smell so bad.:sorrow:

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Well, being a hunter, I can feel his pain and understand completely. I think denatured alcohol would be the best attempt. The alcohol will cut the gas, but will evaporate and not add to the smell. I don't think you'll get 100% of the smell to go away with anything other than time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.