PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened, the zippers on my Polaris Ranger XP 900 doors died, funeral to be announced. So I am looking to see what is available for replacing the skins on my lock-n-ride canvas doors. I am not willing to part with 6, 7, 8, or 9 hundred dollars for whole new doors.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Go to a auto upholster or someone that makes canvas covers . You will most likely pay less and have a better product.
If the canvas / vinyl skin is good the zippers can be replaced.
Or find a reputable outdoor store that fixes tents

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
There are also makers of marine canvas covers and tops which should be able to help and sicne they deal in marine environments the materials should be sun and corrosion resistant.

·
Registered
334 Posts
You could try a Jeep dealership for some stuff they have replaced on soft top Jeeps. If the zipper is stuck spray silicone on it and it will free it up. You can go to fabric stores and buy canvas and cut it using your old one as a pattern. I would get some waterproofing spray like they use on tents shoes ect. Would be best if you can find it with uv, bv in it to protect it from the sun. I have some I bought at Wally and use on my boots works great

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the same boat myself. I took mine into a shop that specializes in boat tops to have the windows and zippers repaired. He would not do it as he said the zippers that he uses will not make that sharp of a corner so he recommended an auto upholstery shop. I have not made it there yet to see if they will do it. Sure wish Polaris would sell the skins separately.

n

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had my passenger door zipper replaced here by a Veteran. He used a heavier zipper than was origanially in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts