PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having trouble with Tranny Reverse Chains in their 900 Ranger XP--13-14-or 15 Models.

And are there upgrades Available,for them.

Thanks

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
The reverse chains on the 800 and 900 Rangers and 900 RZRs are too small. They break under heavy stress. Turner makes larger chain and gear kits but they are very expensive.

·
Registered
621 Posts
^What he said

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Nephew
Has the 1000 High Lifter,,Edition and his is suppose to have an Up grade on the Reverse chain,,If ,,it don't the sway he rides we will find out before long.
Thanks guy's

·
Registered
755 Posts
The Turner upgrade is just adding an additional small stock chain, which doubles the strength. I am patiently awaiting the hybrid fix, and will post pictures once all the parts come in. It is the same size chain as the HL edition, but it is a reverse only gear reduction to reduce the actual stress on the chain. It is half the cost of the Turner upgrade, and as mentioned in earlier threads, the rear diff locker will be replaced with the RZR 900 solid spool as well. Any having to replace a busted case due to a broken chain or broken locker, (I have broken one of each so far) and you are going to eliminate turf mode via using an RZR spool. You may use the RZR 900 left case which is a lot cheaper than the RGR left case, only difference is the threaded hole for the solenoid is removed.

·
Registered
755 Posts
The other option for Ranger guys is to buy the HL 1K trans, however due to the different input shaft lengths you need to also use a 1K or 900 RZR secondary. Total from a good dealer like Ball should net you an upgraded trans with a factory gear reduction for about the same cost as a replacement RGR trans. You lose turf mode going this route as well, but in my opinion is a good thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.