PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I hook up reverse lights when I put it in reverse, I have a 2019 900 xp. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems to me that there is a guy selling back up lights for the 900 on eBay, simple plug and play iirc so I'd say probably yes

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
There is a plug on top of the engine near the tail light connection that is hooked up to the reverse gear.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Just a thought:
I was going to add reverse lights that came on when I put my Ranger in reverse but instead chose to add a switch to my dash which turns the reverse lights on as needed. Reason? Let's say I need to hook up a trailer at night. I don't want the vehicle in reverse while I'm back there hooking up. I've also used my reverse lights to light up a dark area while performing some short task behind the Ranger, say, moving something around after dark. The lights I chose are brighter than my headlights and light up a large area. Wiring was simplified too becasue it is segregated from the ECU and OEM wiring. Reaching over and flipping a switch is no problem when I need the lights for reverse and there is no possibility of leaving them on accidentally and running the battery down becasue they shut off with the engine.

Everyone has an idea what is best for them, I just wanted to point out the pros of a separate switch.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I keep a headlamp in my glove compartment... I also picked up an LED magnetic work light and hook it on the back frame when I need additional lighting. Sometimes I leave it in the cab. Cheap and easy. :) I just cant leave it attached when I go riding, the bumps tend to knock it off.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Riding down here along the border sometimes I don't want the big white light so I did the same a Pyromedic and put it on a switch. Which means I can also turn it on to let the driver behind me know to dim their lights or be blinded.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look up David ward at automotive custom lighting
I bought a kit from him that came with the correct harness and relay so the lights come on automatically but also comes with a dash switch. Best of both. I also have a 19 900 xp

·
Registered
339 Posts
Look up David ward at automotive custom lighting
I bought a kit from him that came with the correct harness and relay so the lights come on automatically but also comes with a dash switch. Best of both. I also have a 19 900 xp
Thanks for letting us know about David Ward's web site. I just ordered his back up light!! I'm out in the country and at night it can get pretty damn dark. Many a time I almost backed into a tree.

Zonk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts