PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed reverse lights on a 570 midsize? mine is a 2018....could someone give some insite on this???

thanks!
David

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I installed reverse lights on a 570 full size (XP), but I didn't tie into the OEM wiring harness. Instead I installed a separate switch in the dash that I can turn on whenever I need light behind me, whether it's backing up or hooking up a trailer at night. I don't see any reason you couldn't do the same if you like that idea.
The lights I used were inexpensive LED that are very bright, marine wire and a Blue Sea fuse box. The installation went along the lines of this excellent post by Forde:
Adding a Fuse Box
If your vehicle has a Pulse Bar there is a sticky about that too in the Ranger Technical Forum.
Lights I used:
Amazon.com: Sucool 2pcs One Pack 4 Inch Square 48w Led Work Light Off Road Flood Lights Truck Lights 4x4 Off Road Tractor Jeep Work Lights Fog Lamp for Jeep Cabin/boat/suv/truck/car/atv/vehicles/automative/jeep/marine: Automotive

·
Registered
213 Posts
Same here. I didn’t want my lights connected to the reverse switch circuit either. Most of the time that I want to use my lights in the back...I am not in reverse. I did the same as Pyro and installed them with a dash switch so now I can turn them on/off whenever I need them regardless of what gear I am in or even with engine off as I have mine only powered with key on. I went one step further and used a nice switch from Dragonfire that says “rear lights” right on switch😁.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts