PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see lots of posts about a rear bumper blocking the view of the rear camera (I have that problem too), but not much about the front camera.

Look at this, when you install the factory brush guard, the camera is pretty much 100% blocked. The camera is directly behind the cross bar on the brush guard.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

Grille Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Light

To relocate the camera, it won't just snap into the grill in a different location, that's a shame.
I have some better ideas, have another camera mount inbound and will try some plastic welding on it. But for now I did this, zip tied it to the grill in a lower location. The camera is so light, I don't see it ever rattling (honestly it's mounted tighter with the zip ties) or coming off, but the zip ties just seem a little cheesy. No arguing it does hold the camera good, and viewing angle is okay, picture starts about 3.5' - 4' in front of the bumper. I may try to get it angled slightly more down to shorten the blind spot. Factory wiring is just long enough, ne extension cable needed.

Vehicle Grille Car Hood Light

Automotive tire Camera lens Motor vehicle Digital camera Camera accessory

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
108 Posts
Sorry about that i swear this posted last night but clearly i botched it. Just like Toxic said.

Expand the description or overview and specs to see the part number guard it goes with.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Glad you got it fixed up.

How do you like the RC light up front. I put a cheapy one there, then found a 30” for up top and seen the one you have. Was thinking about swapping the one i got out with that one. I like the cover they supply with them. Hell its only cash. Lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right!

I got the light mounted, will wire it up this weekend. As far as looks go, it is great, we will see how much light it puts out. I also have the rear facing cubes and am thinking about getting the roof bar too... just so they all match.

I have a good bit of experience with off-road LED lights, and have them from Rigid and Baja Designs. These Rough Country lights were considerably cheaper than those brands, but cost much more than what can be sourced on Amazon. I put a cheap Amazon roof bar light on a Jeep XJ I have and hated it! It worked fine and put out enough light for what I use the Jeep for, but made so much noise at highway speeds I took it back off. the bad outweighed to good. I don't use my Ranger at those speeds, so maybe it will find its way on a side by some some day.

If "you get what you pay for" applies to LED lights, and I think it probably does, then these will be great lights on the Ranger for how I plan to use it. I would consider the RC lights "middle of the road" based on their price point. I am anxious to see how they perform.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Awesome. I will grab one of them and swap out the other one soon. I am happy with my front roof mounted RC light and am sure the lower bumper one will serve me well too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts