PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The right tire is towed out. The bottom is kicked out compared to the left. Noticed it when I got it home from picking it up from the dealer (brand new 2015). I thought it was just the way the steering was turned, maybe turned to the right a little. My question is their an adjustment I can do? or do I need to take it back to the dealer?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine was like that and they took it back in the shop and measured etc and said it was ok. Since then, I have hit a rock in the creek and I think it looks worse. I still drive as I don't see anything bent and tire seems to wear ok still.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If the bottom of the tire is out further than the other its a camber issue not a toe out problem.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
If the bottom of the tire is out further than the other its a camber issue not a toe out problem.
Ditto. There is no adjustment for camber. If the tire is toed at the front or rear (which is a true "toe" issue), it can be adjusted out with the tie rod.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I think its going to be a camber issue. Dropped it off at the dealer today to see if their is anything they can do. If not, I guess I will just have to live with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2015 crew 900 Monday. Mine is doing the exact same thing on the front passenger tire. Makes me wonder.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Just bought a 2015 crew 900 Monday. Mine is doing the exact same thing on the front passenger tire. Makes me wonder.
Could be a bad batch of (bent) A-arms, or maybe the mounting holes are in the wrong location.

It does seem odd that all 3 of these machines are having the same issue with the same position.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a 2015 XP 900 with the same issue, front passengers side tire with negative camber. Bought it about 2 months ago. Had to take the Ranger back to the dealer as the "Pro Fit" passengers side door did not fit at all (would not close). While they had it to address that issue, I asked them to take a look at the camber issue as well. After looking at it they said some are just that way and that this does not affect operation/performance (and for the record, they did modify the door hinge brackets so the door would close - have had good experiences with my dealer). They did move my front shocks to the outer holes which may have helped a tiny bit (I was planning to do that anyways just to better suit my needs). Frustrates me when I look at it, but far as I have been told, there's nothing that can be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts