PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" I do everything myself these days. I know and control what goes in and what comes out. If I need to buy a tool, I buy it as fast as my wife buys shoes. The big diff is my tools pay for themselves :)"

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I started doing my own work when I was about 13 using Dad's tools and when I got a driver's license and I began buying and using my own tools. At this point in life I have amassed a pretty decent tool collection, most of which has paid for itself over time, and there isn't much I can't do for myself, but I still occasionally buy a new tool for a new job, or make one.

I am a fortunate man, my wife is quite frugal. She buys what she needs and not much more. Whenever she says she wants to get this or that I tell her fine, buy it, but buy the best you can so you needn't replace it because it wears out before it's time. When I need a new tool my wife pretty much tells me much the same thing, buy the best you can afford so you don't get aggravated using it and it doesn't prematurely break.

Neither of us are spendthrifts even if we could afford to be. We are blessed that we have no debt but we've earned that good fortune along the way with lots of steady work and good spending and investment habits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts