PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called them today asked about if they planned on making one for the strut ranger they said yes there goin start working on it real soon here is there number
ROCKCRUSHER
330-397-1653

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Holy **** really? Man if they actually.do it I'll be first in line for a set

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hmm. This should be interesting to see the set up. Hope they just didn't say that to pasyfy

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
call them tell them there is a market

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he took my number told me hed call me when they start but it would be sweet 4" lift 30% gear reduction so able to have 6'' on a mid size an not affect the width to much

·
Super Moderator
6,895 Posts
RockCrusher, I do not believe, makes the portal boxes. They are selling them under their branded name. SXS Gear in Flint, Michigan makes them, give Chris Keeter(owner) a call and he should be able to give you an answer.

I have spoken with Chris a couple of times, about the boxes, he has been very helpful. I really like this setup, considering putting it on my 900.
IMO the boxes have some minor design flaws. One of the main complaints, is the gear oil leaking between the portal box and the portal box lid/cap. It seems due to heat and deflection that is placed on the boxes the flat gasket between the halves is being a problem. IMO a ball milled groove in the box, with a buna 70 O-ring formed gasket will work better in this application.

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Wes is texting him now. It's gonna be $3200. Guess I'll be taking another loan out lol

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rock crusher is 2499

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
616628_995229773839331_2055535128083751424_o.jpg there it is says

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Rum that's just a sale till January, they haven't even made the ones for the struts yet. I doubt theyll have em ready in 2 more days. And toxic wes just personally spoke to the guy, 3200 not 3400

·
Super Moderator
6,895 Posts
Rum that's just a sale till January, they haven't even made the ones for the struts yet. I doubt theyll have em ready in 2 more days. And toxic wes just personally spoke to the guy, 3200 not 3400
Ok, I was referring to the SxS Gear website, he has two different prices listed $3395/$3495.

Since the RockCrusher flier has them listed for $2495, I wonder if they are going the way of HighLifter. Trying to sell what they have in stock, so they can drop the distributorshio?

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
so bascially these are gear reduction boxes that bolt onto the hub, ad 4" of height for big wheels/tires? ill bet that plays hell on the wheel bearings eh?

·
Super Moderator
6,895 Posts
so bascially these are gear reduction boxes that bolt onto the hub, ad 4" of height for big wheels/tires? ill bet that plays hell on the wheel bearings eh?
It is a complete new (Hub/Carrier) assembly, you remove everything F/R except the brake caliper.
It technically does not have wheel bearings, the three gears are supported by bearings, both inner and outer. They are inside the portal boxes, roughly 1' apart, so they are stable.
This is basically the same design that the H1 Hummers and Unimog's use, it is a proven design.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well if everything but the brake rotor is removed then I wonder how this will work with struts

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Super Moderator
6,895 Posts
Well if everything but the brake rotor is removed then I wonder how this will work with struts
I am not sure of the design for a strutted ranger, but that is a good question.
On the 900 you remove the front spindle/hub Assy and the rear bearing carrier and bolt on the portal boxes. The only thing reused is the brake caliper (bushings, nuts and bolts).

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
that oughta be an interesting design..either it'll replace the entire strut housing (not the strut/shock cartridge, just its housing/holder?) or maybe they'll design somethin that utilizes the caliper mounting area as a "mount" along with the balljoint socket? Who knows! i guess we'll see! Be a cool thing to see, but i cant see spending 3500 on something that i wont really use alot. haha. none the less, cant wait to see it made though! oughta be neato!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah wagz this mod is pretty much strictly for mudders. I don't see anyone else getting use outta it

·
Super Moderator
6,895 Posts
There is another company making/handling a gear lift, UTV Solutions, they offer a 4inch or 6inch lift.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts