PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine purchased 26 in rocktane tires on HD beadlock wheels from our local polaris shop that leak around the rim. They go flat in 24 hours. He took them back they put bead sealer on them that didn't work so he took them to a tire shop & they couldn't seal them they recommended tubes. So we went back to the polaris shop they contacted there distributor & the answer was all bead locs leak. How u like that ?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Mine don't leak and I've had them on for over 6 months......30" Roctanes on 14" STI HD beadlocks.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Had mine for almost a year and they leak. One will leak off in 48 hours. I air them up all the time. I have talked to others with the same issue and a few that don't.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had the 30" Roctanes on STI Beadlock and they all leaked. There was a problem with some of the beads on the Roctanes. They replaced them under warranty and I got Zillas.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
So are u saying that roctane had some bead problems they are aware of?
I don't think that it's the tire. From what I've read, "all" beadlock wheels are more prone to leaking than a standard wheel.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yes. My dealer handled it for me. Atvoutfitters

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 of these leak so much you can hear it. Like isaid they have been taken off twice & gobbed with bead sealer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Polaris dealer decided to put some effort in on the tire problem & replace the roctanes. Thanks to the info on here.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I've never heard that "all" beadlocks leak. That's the point of the bead lock, to keep the bead where it's supposed to be at low psi without losing that air.

·
Registered
160 Posts
No leaks with mine. I do run the quad gear puncture sealant. I run on hard pack, pavement, ice, and mud.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've never heard that "all" beadlocks leak. That's the point of the bead lock, to keep the bead where it's supposed to be at low psi without losing that air.
All beadlock wheels do not leak. STI told me there was a problem with a batch of Roctanes and they had problems with them sealing on their beadlock wheels. I have had a set of Zillas and now Outlaw radials on the same STI beadlock wheels and have not had a problem with either of them. I do not run any sealant.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hope Roctanes don't get a bad rap from this post alone, they are my favorite tire to date! I really liked Swamplites, and Bighorns, but they are not even close to a tough tire as the Roctanes.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I hope Roctanes don't get a bad rap from this post alone, they are my favorite tire to date! I really liked Swamplites, and Bighorns, but they are not even close to a tough tire as the Roctanes.
Seems like an easy question. Has ANYONE had a problem with Roctanes leaking when mounted on a non-bead lock wheel?:glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Seems like an easy question. Has ANYONE had a problem with Roctanes leaking when mounted on a non-bead lock wheel?:glee::encouragement:
True, no problems here.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't think they will get a bad rap since we are not sure what the root cause is. I may take one apart and see if I can tell what's going on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts