PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 ranger xp800 and it has a rough idle and running rich the idle is about 1030 to 1080rpm sometimes it will drop to 980 and it has no codes. Called the dealership and they said spray the intake for leaks I tried that even though like I said it's running rich but it didnt have any intake leaks. I put new plugs and wires in. I've checked compression(145psi), checked fuel pressure (40psi), replace tbap sensor and harness, replaced and calibrated tps and checked wires from tps and tbap all the way to ecm and tested continuity for wires and have found no issues with the wires. I've also checked the tps values at the ecm while calibrating. I backed the idle adjustment screw all the way out and set base voltage to .528 and cleaned the throttle body while I was there. And used the idle adjustment screw to set it to .70. Now with the tps set to .70 volts with key in on position as soon as I start it it jumps up to .76 even with the new tps and I don't know if that's normal. There's no knocking or smoking no gas in oil and it seems to run fine and it will continue to idle but it's just annoying and would like to get it figured out. Thank you in advance for any ideas

· Administrator
8,062 Posts
Dustin, I was thinking that the 2010 800 was like the 2009 700 in that there is no base setting (.528) . The setting for the 2010 800 TPS was learned by the ECU if it was in range (.690-.710) . You may have to play with the 'D' (FLOW) screw some back and forth til you get it back where the factory set it.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dustin, I was thinking that the 2010 800 was like the 2009 700 in that there is no base setting (.528) . The setting for the 2010 800 TPS was learned by the ECU if it was in range (.690-.710) . You may have to play with the 'D' (FLOW) screw some back and forth til you get it back where the factory set it.
So is there no base setting for tps or D screw or will I have to adjust both tps and D screw to find the correct idle? Because if I was to adjust tps say all the way one direction and adjust D screw within .690-.710 in theory wouldn't that open or close the butterfly more for a higher or lower idle rpm? Or am I thinking to hard lol. Also I was able to mess around with it last night and it has no codes but if it's idling and I unplug the tbap sensor there's no change to idle at all wich I've seen some die immediately. Is that normal?

· Administrator
8,062 Posts
"or will I have to adjust both tps and D screw to find the correct idle? "

Yes you will have to adjust both as the 'flow' (screw) is adjusted at the factory and was not meant to be adjusted as an "idle screw". This began in 2009 with Polaris. Now that the screw has been "adjusted" you will have to 'hunt & peck' with both the TPS & the 'screw' to get back to the correct settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts