PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your opinions of the springs? Just ordered a set so I'll guess I'll find out soon.

Rig was starting to sag. Shocks in the outer holes adjusted half way up. MMA lift. My hope is I can move them back to the inboard holes and run them on the softest setting without too harsh of a ride? Hopefully keeping the same clearance or maybe even gain a smidge?

What about installing..... ratchet straps opposite sides of the springs?

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm running S3 springs on all four corners on my phantom shocks that came with my SATV 6". They ride a tad stiffer but gave quite a bit of lift. BUT after a few months I can notice a little sag. My Ranger is always loaded though.
1c49kj.jpg

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Hopefully the stock axles are up to the task.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went from stock turned all the way up in outer holes, to S3 all the way down in outer holes. Lifted 2.75 inches more. I'm with nasty, Tad stiffer, but I was stock with no sway bar. So it rode like a limo. Might put it back in the inner holes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Porkchop. I figured moving them back inboard may make it a bit smoother.

Any tips on installation? Other than don't smash you fingers and cuss like a sailor.

Thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
Have a bunch of extra weight on mine, something about 350-400lbs over the whole machine, went with the S3 springs and saw a huge improvement in height. The ride feels just as good to me, but I don't go over 15mph most times so take that for what it is worth. For the installation I grabbed some spring pullers from advanced auto. You can rent them from there but I think I bought a pair for like $10 more than the rental fee.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I run them. I brought mine to a mechanics shop who had a press made for changing out shock springs. Like the others have said, it gave me quite a bit of extra lift and made the ride a bit stiffer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks Porkchop. I figured moving them back inboard may make it a bit smoother.

Any tips on installation? Other than don't smash you fingers and cuss like a sailor.

Thanks
You Need to find a shop that has a strut compressor. You'll have them changed in 15-20 minutes. My buddy runs a shop, and had one. I had my springs for 6 months before I found out he had it, and was about scared too touch it. I don't think that spring could get out of the compressor, it just looks scary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm running an outkast 5" and recently put on s3 springs. Went from stock springs cranked all the way up to the s3's all the way down. Too me they're not any stiffer than the stocks on the harshest setting. I used ratchets to install mine. Was a bit sketchy releasing them from being cranked down, but did all four of them and still have all my digits! It's a good product and worth the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank for the replies gentlemen. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone know or notice if these springs added to the rear will "improve" the camber on rear? In theory, if the shock/spring assembly is longer, then that rear hub should be "pushed down further" and sit closer to 90 degrees. Right?

I'm running taller, skinnier tires with more squared-off build now and the negative camber is def more noticeable. Rear assembly is adjusted about mid-way and still on the interior upper shock holes. Like others have mentioned, I run a lot of extra weight on my machine so thought these at all four corners might be the way to go.

Also, if my front end is currently true, do I run a good chance of having positive camber up front after adding springs???

Thx in advance for y'alls help!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well...got em on and moved the shocks back to the inboard holes. Maybe a bit stiffer but soaks up the small sharper bumps better than the outer holes.

Anyone notice the S3 springs being the same length and the stock rears being longer? I'm about an inch higher in the front than the rear now. Had to compress the fronts a bit more to get them on also. Called S3 to confirm they were the right springs.

Also found my rear shocks are pretty much wasted with only 700 miles on them. Wouldn't have expected that already with mostly back road use.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well...got em on and moved the shocks back to the inboard holes. Maybe a bit stiffer but soaks up the small sharper bumps better than the outer holes.

Anyone notice the S3 springs being the same length and the stock rears being longer? I'm about an inch higher in the front than the rear now. Had to compress the fronts a bit more to get them on also. Called S3 to confirm they were the right springs.
D
Also found my rear shocks are pretty much wasted with only 700 miles on them. Wouldn't have expected that already with mostly back road use.
You might want to check to make sure you have the right springs on the front. The fronts have an extra coil and the OD of the front springs is a bit smaller than the rears. A friend put mine on and had them reversed and the front sat higher than the back.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks D. Have the larger ones on the rear. Not super noticeable...just bugs me knowing.:tears_of_joy:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I put the OEM 900 shocks on the front of my HL with the S3 springs to level it out. Like Toxic said, the fronts are shorter on the HL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts