PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After two weekends of trail riding it's apparent more ground clearance is needed!

I spoke with the folks at SuperATV and they stated the new 900 models don't have as severe an angle on the axles to begin with as previous model years and they don't have an official recommendation on replacing axles with their 3" lift. I'm making a poorly informed assumption that the High Lifter is very similar in terms of geometry and angle on the CVs.

I'm thinking of going with one of the above lifts + forward arched A-arms and a 30ish inch tire if I don't really need to swap all 4 axles at the get go. If an all around axle swap is required I would seriously consider getting on the backorder list for the SuperATV Wicked 6".

I'm curious who may be running either of those lifts with stock axles and your experience? Which tire are you running?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know you said "above lifts". I run backwoods. Outlaw 2 29.5. I had to replace all axles because of the angles. It wouldn't full droop as far as I needed it to with stocks. Great lift

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I friend of mine has the SATV lift you mention on his 900 and has broken all his stock axles and had to upgrade. He wishes now he had went with the wicked 6" and is thinking about doing so still. On my 800 I run stock or stock quality axles but I use limit straps to limit the droop so I do not get axles bind not do I have to use steering stops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's exactly the feedback I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm running a Highlifter 2" lift. If you don't want to swap axles this lift is a good compromise. With the SATV forward A-Arms and the highlifter 2" lift I can run 29.5" tires with zero rubbing. Putting the lift on, you actually lift the arms up a little to install them, meaning the shocks are not constantly trying to push your suspension past it's limits. There is no axle bind.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for asking this txjnorris - helps me out too. :encouragement:

@clayton74 - given your current setup, would you consider 29.5's the upper limit before needing to think about upgrading the clutch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Clayton - Great suggestion. I'm thinking the 30" Rocktanes are a good option for my area. Can't imagine that half an inch would cause too much trouble.

Do you have any pics or forum posts showing your machine post lift?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Cowpen - Go Gators! FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey! Just noticed your license plate on the bigger pic...
Really stoked about the McElwain change. And now Collins from MS State. Can't wait for September!
Go Gators!

Reactions: Cobra_Gt

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Clayton - Great suggestion. I'm thinking the 30" Rocktanes are a good option for my area. Can't imagine that half an inch would cause too much trouble.

Do you have any pics or forum posts showing your machine post lift?
I think 30" rocktanes would be just fine. I'm considering trying to stuff 32's on mine. I'm OK with some minor rubbing and I'd rather gain some ground clearance without stressing the axles.

20140805_233743_resized_1.jpg
20140805_233752_resized_2.jpg
20140805_233806_resized_1.jpg

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Thanks for asking this txjnorris - helps me out too. :encouragement:

@clayton74 - given your current setup, would you consider 29.5's the upper limit before needing to think about upgrading the clutch?
While I've been very happy with how the 900 has performed (due to it's fantastic torque) without a clutch kit and these 29.5 tires, I know it would be better with a kit. Unfortunately unless you want to go full blown and spend upwards of 700-1000 on new clutches, the options are limited due to what Polaris has provided. I was extremely pleased with the EPI kit on my 11 800 Crew, so I'll probably just give that a whirl again. Hard to beat the bang you get for the buck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just got a 570 full size with high lifter forward a arms and high lifter 4" lift and will be running 31 outlaws hopefully the axles hold up for a while

·
Registered
478 Posts
im running 30" roctanes on my ranger crew 900 and iv had to trim the bumper and the plastics and crank my shocks up and it still rubs looks like I have to lift it. IMG_1109.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts