PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started my project as I needed something a little different. The RZR had no place for my small dog or rifle, so I thought I would add a sleeper area.
1. picture is the top after cutting forming and painting. Hard to tell but it is 6" narrower in the front. 2. picture is the formed sleeper area before cutting window hole. 3. picture is with the top installed. 4. picture is sleeper area painted and installed. 5. rear view of window area. 6. inside looking in sleeper. 7. air deflector to blow dust off back window and bed I hope. 8. sorry same picture 9. sides of sleeper area with cutting done, will form, paint and install next week. Then the 3 windows will be cut and installed finishing my 3 window coupe. LOL

Table Furniture Outdoor table Chair Shade
Roof Table Wood Furniture Steel
Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car Windshield
Vehicle Windshield Automotive window part
Automotive exterior Vehicle Technology Car
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Auto part
Roof Window Siding Shade Vehicle
Roof Window Siding Shade Vehicle
Asphalt Table Road Metal

Will add more pictures next week with sides and windows installed.

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
WOW! Great work!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Forde, sometimes you have to built to fit your needs.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Freaking sweeeeet! Great skills man, cant wait to see how this turns out FOR SURE!

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Definitely great work. You're right.....sometimes nobody makes what you need and you have to get creative. Several times I've had to fab' my own stuff to suit my needs or for it to work with other custom mod's that I had previously done.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK I have completed the sleeper/storage area behind seats. Happy the way it turned out using mostly unused space. Added a air scoop at the rear top to hopefully blow wind down keeping some of the dust of the cargo area. Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Now to close off from bottom of sleeper to behind seats. Also you might notice I have started my rear mud flaps.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Very nice work! What materials did you use? How did you fasten to the roll bars? Where's the pics of the coupe?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Very nice work! What materials did you use? How did you fasten to the roll bars? Where's the pics of the coupe?
Most is 14 ga. steel. Windows are laminated glass with tint. Top bolted down with the factory holes and nuts, sleeper area sets on rollcage cross bar behind seat and attached with 1 1/2" pipe U bands. The area behind the seat is 12" X 48" great for my small dog or coats and a rifle. I am guessing the total weight to be under 100 pounds.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Came out great! Anxious to see what else you come up with!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
So yah...when you gonna build one for the midsize rangers?...cuz i want one sir. lol

Sorry, shoulda started off by saying "AWESOME, Great job, SUPER great job!!"

Seriously, that looks freaking sweet man, i like it alot! GLad to see awesome stuff built by hand! Makes others think outside the box as well!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, Forde and WagZ for the comments. Will not be going in business making them as you need a good break, and shear. I think I have worn out my welcome at the sheet metal shop for this year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finshied behind the seats and painted red, turned out good. Also mud flaps for the rear. Vehicle Car Car seat Vehicle door
Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle

Reactions: tuna

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm with Forde and Wagz, that is impressive!! I'm a Ranger 900 XP owner for more work type activities but I'm VERY impressed with the out of the box engineering you've done. I saw you stated you don't have a break for the metal work but there is always a licensing fee you could collect! Sell them with the metal shop doing the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
yah, good idea, i agree!

Fender flares are HOOOGE!!! and look very functional! Nice build man, very very nice!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
ohhh, food for thought..i see the "white" mud blocker things in the fenderwells by exhaust..if those are built by you, what they made outta? Id becareful if its plastic...id put money on it to say they'll melt if they are infact plastic. If metal, you'll be fine. lol these machines make incredible heat!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ohhh, food for thought..i see the "white" mud blocker things in the fenderwells by exhaust..if those are built by you, what they made outta? Id becareful if its plastic...id put money on it to say they'll melt if they are infact plastic. If metal, you'll be fine. lol these machines make incredible heat!
Yes WagZ they are plastic cut from truck mud flap material. I made some on my old 800 RZR and the heat fixed the clearance problem LOL, I am hoping I relieved them enough so they don't melt to bad as there is a heat shield on the pipe in this location also. Time will tell thanks for the heads up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts