PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about how many miles/hours you can put on a RZR with proper mainttaining? I ride hard when I ride but I do all maintainance needed.Never had Polaris products before just trying to get an idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
By the way I am not bashing the RZR I have two of them and really enjoy them. I knew going into the gen1 that I would have some problems. My other one was built in sept. of 08 and has close to 1000 miles on it with no problems.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
my daughter bf came down to day with his rhino to put tires on from Matt,also a great deal for the tires and rims, but THE RHINO HAS 3000 miles 1 oil change 2 filter changes he rides the same place i do, whats wrong with this picture ? his other one a 450 has 7000 miles and the same thing no problems at all !WTF polaris step it up on the quality control!

·
Registered
83 Posts
rzrwrecker said:
my daughter bf came down to day with his rhino to put tires on from Matt,also a great deal for the tires and rims, but THE RHINO HAS 3000 miles 1 oil change 2 filter changes he rides the same place i do, whats wrong with this picture ? his other one a 450 has 7000 miles and the same thing no problems at all !WTH polaris step it up on the quality control!
your friend may be lucky, but I have seen plenty of bad rhinos. Before I got my rzr I rented a rhino in utah. The first one was a 660, and it was a POS, everytime we would go up a hill the temp light would come on, flat ground it was ok, hit an incline of ten degrees and one minute later the temp light is on and stays on. And that one was new, had less then 100 miles on it. the next on they gave us wasn't any better, long story short, after three rhinos we finally got one that worked. But after that experience I decided I wouldn't buy a rhino. I have had my rzr for over a year and a 1200 miles and all I've done is oil changes and one rear seal, but I knew that a few things would go wrong because its the first year. I am actually impressed with Polaris' customer service, considering how many problems we had with those rhinos, and they had been out for years.

My dad bought a Polaris jet ski in 96, an slt 780, and we kept having this problem with it, it wouldn't go above 35 mph, and its top speed was supposed to be 60mph. We took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out, so they talked to Polaris who also couldn't figure it out. Polaris stepped up and gave us a brand new jet ski. And my dad still has the jet ski today, and it still runs well.

I have had good luck with polaris and I like buying from an American company. I have two outlaw quads from polaris, and the rzr. As long as polaris keeps coming with good reliable stuff, I'll buy from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts