PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 RZR 1000 seat mold bad. It stays in a garage but we live in the woods. I clean them
and in no time they're moldy as heck again. What's strange is my 2011 Ranger 800 HD sits
next to it and it might get a touch of mildew on it but most times, it don't even do that. Anyone
else have this same problem and if so, ever find a cure? I'm getting old and it constant
cleaning those seats is starting to become more and more just not worth the expenditure in
energy.
Thanks,
Dano

·
Administrator
7,174 Posts
Omega 5 , for whatever reason the 2017 Ranger Crew 570 seats started to grow mold & mildew down here in the jungle. Stored inside all the time . The 700's don't do it at all so it has to be the type of material they are made of. LYSOL cleaner knocks it out fast .

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Omega 5 , for whatever reason the 2017 Ranger Crew 570 seats started to grow mold & mildew down here in the jungle. Stored inside all the time . The 700's don't do it at all so it has to be the type of material they are made of. LYSOL cleaner knocks it out fast .
I tried Lysol, Bleach, several different car care products and the dang stuff comes right
back. I ordered a thing called Star Brite Mold and mildew stain remover right after I posted
this. I'm going to give my seats a thorough cleaning with it and set them in the sun for a few
days. I've read that if you don't kill all the mold, it'll come right back and that sunlight was the
best killer. If this don't work, I may just change them out with seats off of Ebay or get seat
covers that can be taken off and washed.
Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I'd tried the usuals like bleach and
lysol.
Dano

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,708 Posts
I purchased a product called Mold Control at Home Depot but I think Lowes also has it. Home - Concrobium
I haven't used it on seats but I have around the house with good results.
In addition, mold requires moisture above a certain level to grow. If possible, you might try using a dehumidifier in your garage to reduce moisture. Such use might also prevent rust on any tools or mold on walls in the garage, if you have any problem with that.
One last point, if you've stored your vehicle outside of any period of time and tree sap has managed to accumulate on the seat surfaces, that sap is a good place for mold to grow and it will also allow pollen to stick to it. Tree sap can be difficult to remove completely leaving a thin nearly invisible film which will grow mold. I suggest a thorough cleaning of your seats with something that will removes sap might make a difference in growth rate.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I purchased a product called Mold Control at Home Depot but I think Lowes also has it. Home - Concrobium
I haven't used it on seats but I have around the house with good results.
In addition, mold requires moisture above a certain level to grow. If possible, you might try using a dehumidifier in your garage to reduce moisture. Such use might also prevent rust on any tools or mold on walls in the garage, if you have any problem with that.
One last point, if you've stored your vehicle outside of any period of time and tree sap has managed to accumulate on the seat surfaces, that sap is a good place for mold to grow and it will also allow pollen to stick to it. Tree sap can be difficult to remove completely leaving a thin nearly invisible film which will grow mold. I suggest a thorough cleaning of your seats with something that will removes sap might make a difference in growth rate.
I'll look into that next Lowe's trip. The "Garage" is actually a barn that sits on a gravel pad with the whole
front end open. I keep 2 tractors, an F150, a Ranger and my RZR there. Out of the weather but no way to
dehumidify anything. It has to be the material. No problem with any of the others molding except in small
easy to clean areas that just need a touch up now and then. Only the RZR molds like that. Looking for
something that can keep it away for more than a few days.
Thanks for responding.
Dano

1 - 5 of 5 Posts