PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there running the Marshall Motoart lift and s3 springs? I just did it recently and am trying to determine what’s too much height for stock CVS. With the factory 27s I’m getting 16” of clearance in the front and 14” to the rear hitch. Before the springs I was 13.25” front and 13” rear. I put the S3 springs on for more weight hauling ability since my Northstar was a CA one so it had the 600 pound springs not the normal 1,000 pound ones.

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
Where did you come up with the 600/1000 numbers?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where did you come up with the 600/1000 numbers?
In the bed of the ranger mine as a label stating that information and also in the manuals it shows the CA machines specs are different than the other 49 state model

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
Ok, in your original post you stated Springs, but I’m with you know.
Although this is not true in every situation.
Going by the Unit information that you provided,
Your particular unit ( as far as the springs go) are no different than the other units.

There is no data on the S3 Springs.

I have a set that I have been meaning to do a layout on and calculate Spring Rate, just haven’t got to it.

With both combined, you most likely have too much lift for the axles, especially the Rear.
In most cases about 3 inches is about all it will stand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, in your original post you stated Springs, but I’m with you know.
Although this is not true in every situation.
Going by the Unit information that you provided,
Your particular unit ( as far as the springs go) are no different than the other units.

There is no data on the S3 Springs.

I have a set that I have been meaning to do a layout on and calculate Spring Rate, just haven’t got to it.

With both combined, you most likely have too much lift for the axles, especially the Rear.
In most cases about 3 inches is about all it will stand.
So you’re thinking the overall height of the factory spring. Weaker or not it will be the same until under load?

I am wondering what height most people are getting for ground clearance with just the MMA and factory springs that are the stronger ones than my CA ones

·
Registered
366 Posts
So you’re thinking the overall height of the factory spring. Weaker or not it will be the same until under load?

I am wondering what height most people are getting for ground clearance with just the MMA and factory springs that are the stronger ones than my CA ones
There is no difference in your springs than a Ranger sold elsewhere. It is a legal thing in CA, nothing more. They restrict the amount of weight they will allow the Ranger to be rated for. You don't have softer springs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is no difference in your springs than a Ranger sold elsewhere. It is a legal thing in CA, nothing more. They restrict the amount of weight they will allow the Ranger to be rated for. You don't have softer springs.
Alright then I load this thing down then lol I just thought they weren’t as heavy as springs this whole time.

·
Administrator
6,961 Posts
This is not true in all cases, but is in this one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am running quite a similar setup on my 2020 1000xp. EPI HD springs , MMA lift kit , 14" rims and 30" tires.
I started with only putting the HD springs ,which gave me approx 1" , then I added MMA and I am 3.5-4" over all. been riding for about 30 hours with this setup , different terrain , no issues yet.
I am aware to the fact this might be to much for the axles, so I ordered Rhino 2.0 for the rear + limit straps, just so I won't fins myself with a broken CV in the middle of nowhere.

I think you are good to go with your setup.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
On the 900 I would say it may be ok. But on the nbs...they dont like more than 2 inches.

I dont know how many miles you put on at a time? But have seen many cases of the cv boots ballooning up from heat after a good ride. Soo keep an eye on the boots. That will be your first sign your angles are too extreme. 👌

Reactions: nirtzen

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Willy are you sure you have the springs in the right location? When i put s3's on my 900. I almost put them in wrong. Called s3 to verify. Cant remember why exactly. Seems like i thought the larger diameter spring should go on the rear, but was actually the front. Something of that nature maybe it was the length? Your numbers just seem odd.

·
Registered
235 Posts
On the 900 I would say it may be ok. But on the nbs...they dont like more than 2 inches.

I dont know how many miles you put on at a time? But have seen many cases of the cv boots ballooning up from heat after a good ride. Soo keep an eye on the boots. That will be your first sign your angles are too extreme.
These 30 hours are on the stock axles.
I examine the boots every stop. So far all Good. I got the rhino 2.0 waiting for installation. hoping to do it Sunday.
I understand these are more tuff than stock and can work in harder angles.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts