PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wHAT IS THE BEST TIRES TO GO WITH AND SIZES? Red Label Wheels?

for xp900

Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm running Sand Tires Unlimited Sand Blasters 16 paddle. 26x12x12 and I love them. All my buddies said they'd be too much, but I can still spin them and they hook up great. They are about 1/2" taller than the stock rears but that might be because I have them on stock 8" wide wheels instead if 10" or 12" wheels like everyone suggested, I got the stock wheels for $50 though so I couldn't pass them up. They were just a hair from rubbing the trailing arm so I put 1.5" spaceers on the rear. Only down side on the Sand Blasters is $$$ but they are a tough tire and I feel they will last a long time. They're built more like my dads' V8 sandrail paddles than an ATV tire. If I had to make any changes I would go with a wider wheel, probably just a 10" not 12". And if you want front razors or buffs everything out there is at least an inch shorter the only front tire I've found tall enough to match so you can run in 4wd is from Fullerton Sand Sports they call it the "Big Buff" and you can get a 2 or 4 ply. I'm getting set of the 4 ply before next dune season. Dang, that was a long answer, oh well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone make a 27 inch paddle tire?

I was looking at the dune star and the sand star from ITP anyone running them?

what about clutching?

·
Registered
677 Posts
There's a 27x14x14 STI Vortex V-roll 8 paddle on the market but it's more like 12" wide not 14" and they have front razors to match. I prefer a 12" wheel so I get more flex when I air down.

Skat-Trak will make pretty much any size you want if you call them.

The Sand Blasters are 26.5 tall on a 10" wide wheel, they are 26.75" on my 8" wide wheel. That's the casing not to the tip of the paddle. My stock Bighorns are 26.5" tall.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ITP tires they are talking about are 26-9-12 front and 26-10-12 rear...

anyone runnig the ITP Pro-mod wheels?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I know 2 guys that went from a RZR-S to an XP900 and they both had those ITP Dunestars. They said they were great on the S but not enough tire and a little too short for the XP. They actually measure out to around 25.5". They used them for 2 or 3 trips and one bought Skat-Trak 26x12.5x12 9 paddle Extreme Haulers and one bought the DWT Doonz 25.5x13x12 8 paddle and the Haulers are better than the Doonz on the XP just because the Doonz actually measure out around 25" so they are a little short.

I wish someone else would chime in I feel like I'm acting like a know it all. I have been going to the dunes for almost 20 years though.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
ghostriderr6 said:
I know 2 guys that went from a RZR-S to an XP900 and they both had those ITP Dunestars. They said they were great on the S but not enough tire and a little too short for the XP. They actually measure out to around 25.5". They used them for 2 or 3 trips and one bought Skat-Trak 26x12.5x12 9 paddle Extreme Haulers and one bought the DWT Doonz 25.5x13x12 8 paddle and the Haulers are better than the Doonz on the XP just because the Doonz actually measure out around 25" so they are a little short.

I wish someone else would chime in I feel like I'm acting like a know it all. I have been going to the dunes for almost 20 years though.
That just means we have someone here that knows what he is talking about. Keep educating us :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This info is helpful..

With Summer here we should talk about these in the dunes a little more..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a set of the Douglas Doonz on my XP. They are only 25.5" but with the rear mounted on a 12" wide wheel, they are awesome. I can run in the dunes all day in 2wd. the double ribbed fronts are nice and wide too for great turning when needed. the best thing about it was i got the whole set mounted on Douglas red label wheels with lugnuts for $950 out the door. I love it!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Call Dave at Fullerton Sand Sports ... He set me up with a set of 26" STU Blaster play cut and 27" Smooth Buffs and a buddy of mine with the same set and they are badass. a little expensive but IMHO well worth the money.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Call Dave at Fullerton Sand Sports ... He set me up with a set of 26" STU Blaster play cut and 27" Smooth Buffs and a buddy of mine with the same set and they are badass. a little expensive but IMHO well worth the money.
I have the same set up. Expensive but worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts