PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fan on my 800 Crew seems to run nonstop. I have the SATV bumper with the winch mounted underneath instead of on top of the bumper. So I realize that its blocking a good bit of airflow to the radiator.

If I were to relocate the winch to the top of the bumper and moved my lightbar, could I expect this machine to run a little cooler? Or would that be a waste of time and effort? What are some options/mods that I can do to this machine to cool it off a bit?

Ranger.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Mount your winch and light where ever you get the maximum airflow to the radiator. Check the fins on the radiator (from both sides with a flashlight) to make sure they are clean!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I say move the winch to the top of the bumper. That was one of the main reasons I got the SATV bumper, to get my winch up higher and where I could get to it. Leaving it down low with the light on top is blocking both the main airflow areas. Put the winch on top and then maybe put the light on top of the brush guard. Also, as Forde said, make sure your radiator is clean. Also if you move the winch up you can use the same mounting plate, just study it for about one beer and you will see how you can take a sawzall and cut the angles off each side of the mount plate and it will work perfectly on top and bolt right up in the holes already in the bumper. I did have to buy some bolts that were 5mm or a 1/4 inch longer though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts