PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed SATV a arms and can’t get them to take grease. I have removed the zerk and it will pass grease through it but not when installed.
I have read a thread in the General forum with the same problem and their solution was a longer zerk. I don’t seem to have trouble locking on the zerk but who knows.
anyone have similar issues?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is the zerk bottoming out? Try installing it, but then backing it out one turn. If it takes grease then, you might need to trim the threaded shank, or at least cut a groove in it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the zerk bottoming out? Try installing it, but then backing it out one turn. If it takes grease then, you might need to trim the threaded shank, or at least cut a groove in it.
I tried that. I even installed a fibre washer to space it out. No joy.
I’m going to get a locknlube tip for my grease gun and a longer zerk to see if it will help. It may not be locking onto the zerk far enough.
Thanks though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
When I put grease zerks on my 800 I had to put washers on them so they didn't bottom out on the pivot tube. Didn't mater because I later installed garage products bushings and I can't pump any grease with those due to the seals

·
Registered
642 Posts
The SATV zerks are junk. See if you can put your old factory ones in the new a arms. What bushings did you use in the new arms?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the whole kit from satchel with the a arms. Supposed to be an upgrade but they look like oem.
Came with steering stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
572 Posts
I installed garage products bushings. Mine won’t take grease. They seal so perfectly.
Like none of them will take grease? For the first time I greased mine it took a pump. One bad zirk. It was a 90 that wasn’t drilled through.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SATV zerks are very tight. I’m going to install others and try.

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you have SATV bushings, they probably won't take grease either. Not as tight as GP or Super Daves but close.....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do... so what’s the answer? I just spent a bomb with them and would like to think I didn’t make a mistake.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ex, just put a couple hundred miles on them and loosen them up. Then they will take some grease. Just too air tight at the moment.

·
Registered
642 Posts
They fit so tight you probably don't need to grease them if you did when you installed them. I have them in all my machines. 4 years and never greased them. Couldn't if I wanted too. I greased them up good when I installed them. One of my Rangers has 5k miles with them on and they are still as tight as day 1.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I greased the GP bushings and pivot tube when I put them in. Later I found I couldn't grease them due to the seals being tight but they been in a few years now and still in good shape. I don't worry about it. If they wear out I'll put some more in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok. I’m not going to sweat it. That being said... I would think a person could grease it as designed.
Small things matter to the consumer and makes me wonder about other things.
I’m not trying to be disparaging about the company but makes me wonder.
Thanks for the input. Puts my mind at ease.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would put a few miles on it and try it again. I haven't tried to grease mine for a long time but since this topic came up I might try it and see if they have loosened up any

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would put a few miles on it and try it again. I haven't tried to grease mine for a long time but since this topic came up I might try it and see if they have loosened up any
I will thanks. It’s like a new machine with all the new stuff. Much better look and clearance with the a arms and 30’s.
trying to get used to the duraclutch making a racket at idle but loving the way it drives.
Also finding other worn out parts for replacement. like tie rods and possibly the whole steering rack.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If air cant escape because the bushings are new and tight, grease cant get in. They should work as designed as soon as they wear in a bit.

Reactions: Mossy700

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Makes sense. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,438 Posts
Bought the whole kit from satchel with the a arms. Supposed to be an upgrade but they look like oem.
Came with steering stops.

This statement poses a question for me. I have no idea who or what "satchel" is, but as I understand the statement the arms you got look like OEM. All the SATV A arms I've seen have adjustable camber and the tubing is larger, OEM arms don't have adjustable camber. I may be misunderstanding the gist of the whole statement, but wonder if it's possible you didn't actually get SATV arms.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts