PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the steer stop kit from SATV this weekend on my Crew. It really limits the range of turning now but I think it's too much. When turning to the left, i can turn the steering wheel exactly 1.5 turns. When turning to the right, I can only get one full turn of the steering wheel. Does this sound right to you guys? I did notice when installing it on the passenger side, where the steering arm goes into the rack, that it's opening didn't look as large as the driver side. The bushing might not even be able to slide up in there like on the driver side.

I wanted to bounce this off of you all first to see if thats normal or if I possibly did something wrong, before I take that side apart and look it over. What do yall think?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
If you have the forward arms only and no lift I see no need for the steering stops. Jack up your front end and let the axles droop and then spin the wheels while turning from lock to lock and see if you feel any axles bind. I have a 3" lift with 2" forward arms and had only slight bind at full droop. I put 16" limit straps on and then had no bind without steering stops. I did not want to limit my turning radius on tight trails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts