PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was messing around with the Ranger the other day and noticed my seat felt real hard. It was very cold so I though maybe the foam had frozen up a little or something but now it is apparent that the foam padding is breaking down for lack of a better description. Basically I can feel the area where my butt contacts the seat and there is very little padding there. The passenger side is not like that. I realize this comes from me sitting on the seat but at 235 lbs I would think that these seats should be able to handle much more? I know there are plenty of guys bigger than me driving Rangers and I would think that the seat should hold up a little better. Is this common? I don't even have 50 hours on my machine yet.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I don't think I've ever heard of that happening.....even on older machines. If it's still under warranty, I'd definitely contact your dealer.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.....I am not sure if that covers it or not.
I'm not positive, but they will generally cover things that aren't considered "normal wear and tear". With less than 50 hours on the machine, I definitely don't consider that normal. I'd certainly talk with the dealer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
If it has the adjustable seat then mine feels like that too and I've only had mine out two weekends. The adjustable seat pan sucks. I was going to look into seeing if I can get the passenger seat frame (mine is a crew with center console) and see if I can modify it... don't use the adjustable feature anyway

·
Registered
764 Posts
Same prob on my seat, they are absolute garbage... I've been shopping for comfy replacements for a little while now...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it has the adjustable seat then mine feels like that too and I've only had mine out two weekends. The adjustable seat pan sucks. I was going to look into seeing if I can get the passenger seat frame (mine is a crew with center console) and see if I can modify it... don't use the adjustable feature anyway
Mine is the 2 seater with the flat bench style seat.

Same prob on my seat, they are absolute garbage... I've been shopping for comfy replacements for a little while now...
Is yours a 2 seater or a crew?

·
Registered
406 Posts
yea my seat sucks to 14 800 midsize

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I saw a post for seat warmers not long ago. Said installation was easy, just remove staples on the bottom seat, put jn seat warmer, and restaple. Seems like you could install more substantial padding the same way. Or, take your seat to an upholstery shop. Can't be that much. Yes, I would go the warranty route first, if that were an option.:glee::encouragement:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts