PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of small puncture/tears on the passenger seat of my 99 ranger, I assume these seats are some type of vinyl. These aren't bad YET but will be with two rowdy boney butt boys wallering around on it. Anyone done seat repairs on their machine? Any and all recommendations/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
try a upholsterer that does boats ,etc. You may save your self some money if you strip off the old vinyl . It might be easier to have them recovered t instead of patching

Reactions: pyromedic

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Ditto on what Bob said Text Font Icon Smile
If you want to repair them yourself, search Amazon for "vinyl repair kit" - tons to select from.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,767 Posts
Many years ago I used a vinyl repair kit on an ATC 185S that I still own. The repair is visible because it doesn't have the same texture as the original material but is still holding up. Things may have changed since I made my repair back in the mid 1980s. Just like everything else the EPA has cause changes in products which sometimes are for the better and sometimes for the worse so I can't guarantee you'll have the same results I have had. I believe the kit I had was made by a company named Duro, but not 100% certain. It may not even be made anymore.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, Sorry for the delay in responding, although i read your replies. i have been busy as a one armed wallpaper hanger with this and that and just haven't had a chance to get in the game.
I just replaced the bottom (wood) a couple of weeks ago and reattached the vinyl, actually that's when ole rubber hammer punched the holes in it. There was something under the seat when I was pushing down to stretch the vinyl over the foam and tore two small holes. I thought about duct tape but these boys would pull it off and chew it like gum after 5 min. I can't afford to carry it to a shop but if not repaired it will be a hole the size of a basketball after a few rides if a little finger finds the hole. And water will get in and wet the foam and make for a mess. I briefly checked Amazon but did not have time to sort thru the 800 listings. I don';t figure I can match any color, even white or black with the kits that have the colors to mix. It would look better with silicone than a off color grey where some idiot like me attemped to color match the repair. If they will load here are a couple of pics for reference, like someone needs to see a hole in a seat. Gezeee....Pics are being a pain, will post later.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts

·
Banned
3,095 Posts
I have a seat cover like that also, but if strapped for cash, I'm sure you could just buy some material from an upholstery shop. Maybe even some scraps if you are lucky, and recover it yourself. What you have is going on 20yrs now. Measure and call around.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys, The cover on Cabels looks great. I am not sure if it covers a 99, one place says fits all another says 02-08. My seats are in great shape just some idiot left a bolt under the cushion while re-working them and pressed the foam down so to staple then flipped it over and got sick and mad.
I may try a place in town and see what they got or can do, or what they do for torn boat covers. Insect Invertebrate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts