PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seimik mirrors with poly doors?

Bought the mirrors and tried installing them today, no go! The door hits the mount or the mirror depending on where on the column it’s mounted. I also question whether or not I would be able to see the side of the ranger. What is everyone using for mirrors with the poly doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I pulled off the inside door panel and drilled a mounting hole. mounted with the mirror bolt and nut but put a large fender washer on the inside. Works great. I can post a pic in a little bit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled off the inside door panel and drilled a mounting hole. mounted with the mirror bolt and nut but put a large fender washer on the inside. Works great. I can post a pic in a little bit.
I will go that route, would be great to see the pic! Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would consider the mirror install to be a two person job. Need a person to hold the mirror on the outside of the door for proper placement then mark it. You also need to be aware of where the outer door panel support ribs are inside the door too. I will go out and take a couple pics.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info, thank you!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great, my doors are a little different, but I have a spot marked, I'll get it done tomorrow! Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Boy, not alot of room to mount these, I was looking thru the latch opening and there is no room for a fender washer as a backer. I need to grab a tool to release the trim clips for the inner panel so I don't make a mess of it! The only place to mount them may be thru the metal frame of the door, but it puts the mirror at a lousy place as far as i can tell without having pulled the inner panel. Follow up later with pics

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Anyone tried to mount them on a Ranger with canvas doors and a glass pop open windshield? Need pictures.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You can purchase an extension bracket. From seizmik's website:
"Designed to be used with any current Seizmik mirror, these mounts move the mirrors forward and off of the roll cage. Allows for the use of full doors and tip-out windshields.
  • Designed to bolt to the Polaris Pro-Fit Ranger door latch (or netting) bolts
  • Can be used with or without windshield to prevent clamps from scratching the roll cage
  • Works with Seizmik Side View Mirrors, Seizmik Strike and Pursuit Mirrors
  • 4 mm thick steel minimizes vibration
  • Sold in pairs
  • ​$8.99

·
Registered
117 Posts
Boy, not alot of room to mount these, I was looking thru the latch opening and there is no room for a fender washer as a backer. I need to grab a tool to release the trim clips for the inner panel so I don't make a mess of it! The only place to mount them may be thru the metal frame of the door, but it puts the mirror at a lousy place as far as i can tell without having pulled the inner panel. Follow up later with pics
Not sure what doors you have...otherwise I maybe able to help more

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got it done! Had to take the door panel off and it was real tight getting the bolt thru the door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could you post a picture of mirror on passenger side please? Can you see good out the passenger side mirror from the drivers seat? Thanks Looks great!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here you go! I can see just fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Wisconsin and Captain Kev I have the same doors as Wisconsin. The view Captain Kev has is what I am looking for on my 2018, XP 1000 EPS. Thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone tried to mount them on a Ranger with canvas doors and a glass pop open windshield? Need pictures.
My buddy made this bracket for canvas doors. Looks and works great!
He sells them now.
Call Bob at (517) 599-0858

1 - 18 of 18 Posts