PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been wanting to upgrade mirrors for a while and ran across the new Pursuit Elite Series from Seizmik. My others were "okay" (I won't mention the brand) but didn't have enough adjustment to move to the angle needed.

When they arrived, the first thing I noticed was that the packaging was excellent. If UPS breaks these in transit, then they have BRUTALIZED them.

I didn't realize that different color inserts were available or I'd have gotten the red inserts to follow the color scheme of my machine. Good news is they are available separately and aren't very expensive, so I'll be ordering a set of red ones to add some more bling to the RZR.

One of the best features is that these are guaranteed FOR LIFE :cool:. That's right, read the lower left corner of the box. If they EVER break for any reason, Seizmik will send you replacement parts. How many companies offer a warranty like that these days?! Especially on a piece of off-road equipment.

After opening them, I was immediately impressed with their construction. The aluminum housing is very sturdy and should withstand a heck of an impact. I've already broken one of my old ones (plastic) and had to replace it.

They will fit virtually any cage made of round tubing, and it's my understanding that they also fit the extruded cages on the new 900 and 570 Rangers. Because the mirror connects to the cage mount with one simple bolt, it also wouldn't be difficult to mount these to most cab systems (or to cab doors) by not using the cage clamp and instead through-bolting them with a longer bolt (not included).

The field of view and virtually unlimited adjustability are awesome.

The instructions were clear, concise, and installation is EXTREMELY simple. All you need is a 6mm allen wrench.

Here's a field of view comparison to my old mirrors. Although the old mirrors actually have a larger field of view, they are also a much larger mirror......and much of the view was wasted (seeing myself in the mirror) because it would not adjust to the angle that I needed for it to be at. The larger mirror also blocks more of your forward field of view (NOT a good thing).

The thinner mount seems just as sturdy as the much thicker mount on the old mirror. And because it is thinner, it causes less interference with rubber weatherstrip between my windshield and cage. I didn't even have to remove or loosen my windshield to install them. I will experiment with different mounting heights over the next few rides, but I began with it in the center height. Due to the large size and lack of angle adjustment of the old mirrors, I really didn't have much choice other than mounting it as high as possible.

Another noteworthy feature is that there are 2 rubber inserts on each mount that keep them from slipping on the cage, plus it keeps from damaging the paint on the cage. This was an issue on my mirrors, and 2 different other brands that my friends are running. They either wouldn't tighten down enough, and/or would still slip up and down or spin on the cage.....causing you to add some hodge podge fix like wrapping rubber strips or electrical tape around the cage.

I guess the single best feature has to be the infinite adjustment. The housing can be mounted at virtually any height, up and down the cage. The housing can be tilted up and down to any angle you desire. There are 4 detent positions in the breakaway mechanism. Plus, once you have the housing adjusted to the desired location, the mirror still pivots inside the housing......leaving PLENTY of adjustment (without tools) for different size drivers and different situations. So now when your 4'11' wife wants to drive after her 6'4" husband has been in the seat, proper mirror adjustment is only a 5 second job.

Here are what I consider the 2 "usable" detent positions. The first is what I would consider the best driver side position.

The second puts it on an angle more suitable to the passenger side.......although for angle comparison, this is shown on the driver's side.

This is what I would call the breakaway position for a rearward moving impact. Although it is not a full 90 degree breakaway, I think it will suffice with a little caution. This position could also be useful when exiting the vehicle. I'm probably being overly critical, but I feel this is the one area where these mirrors could stand a little improvement. If they had a full 90* breakaway in this position, it would be nearly impossible to break them.

In a forward moving impact, you have full 90* breakaway protection.

I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to test them on the trails, but I expect them to preform as flawlessly as the installation. I'd have to rate them at least a solid 9 to 9.5 (only deducting a fraction of a point for lack of full breakaway capability in a rearward moving impact). I'll report back in the coming weeks after I have a chance to put some trail time on them. Right now, I couldn't be happier with my latest mod'.:)

Reactions: Jaketye

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Thanks for posting this Jerry. I broke off both my EMP ones after just a couple rides and have not found any I really liked since. I have a set of the ones you have mounted up high, looks like Tusk, that came with my turn signal kit, I I did not mount them because I don't like them and the big clamp would force me to cut a section of my windshield. I like the looks of these and the LT warranty. How are these new ones as far as vibration? Where did you find them, I don't see them on their website even?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nice write up Jerry. Function is key to happiness.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
I have the same mirrors and agree 100% with what you've written here Jerry. The high quality of these mirrors is remarkable. They appear to be very durable, have a great range of adjustment, and look good.

·
Rally Committee
3,020 Posts
Looks good

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
JODYFJ40 wrote this on the RZR Forum on 1/20;

Guys the Seizmik pursuit mirrors have gone out to some initial testers and will be available through Seizmik dealers very soon. We are very excited about this new product and fell they will be a great addition to our product line. And yes all of our mirrors carry a lifetime warranty. Thanks Clayton hope you enjoy them

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
.......How are these new ones as far as vibration? Where did you find them, I don't see them on their website even?
Larry,

Unfortunately I've been to busy to ride and haven't had a chance to trail test them yet. I can't imagine the vibration will be any worse than my old mirrors. The old ones (you're correct, they are Tusk) are solid mounted, where the Seizmik mirrors have some cushion in the breakaway detents. Plus the tension on those detents is adjustable. I truly expect vibration will NOT be an issue, but I'll be updating this after I've had a chance to trail test them......hopefully next weekend.

As mentioned above, these are brand new to the market and aren't on their site yet, but should be up and available very soon.

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Guys,
Thanks for all the nice comments and we are looking forward to these mirrors hitting the trails. The new Pursuit mirrors should be available at dealers in a couple of weeks.
Thanks Again
Jody

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Do you have a price on them yet? Just waiting for them to come on the market.
tuna, the MSRP on the mirrors will be $149.99 a pair, final price will be set by the dealer but should be very close to that number.
Thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
tuna, the MSRP on the mirrors will be $149.99 a pair, final price will be set by the dealer but should be very close to that number.
Thanks
I really liked them untill I saw the price. YIKES!

·
Vendor
326 Posts
I really liked them untill I saw the price. YIKES!
I believe if you compare the materials and features along with the fact that they carry a lifetime warranty so you will never have to buy another mirror they are a great deal. Most Aluminum mirrors of this quality sell for much more.

·
Vendor
326 Posts
We also offer the same lifetime warranty in our current side mirrors that retail for $59.00, they are not aluminum but are still a very good mirror and they are our best seller.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hopefully I will get to lay my eyes on the ones Jerry has when I go riding up his way next month.

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Expat,
I hope you like them once you get to see them in person, by that time if you decide to get a pair they should be available at any of our dealers.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Any plans to support the Ranger 900 XP Deluxe Models with the mounting??

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.