PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how many of you have moved your shocks to the outer position? Do you gain any height by doing so, and, does it give you a noticeable stiffer ride? Been thinking of moving mine outward.
Zonk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been doing it on the front shocks in the winter because of the plow. Both stiffer and gaining a bit hight i guess. Although I haven't meassured it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I moved all 4 to the outboard position and turned up the shocks a bit. Yes you will gain some height. I did it to decrease the body roll/lean when cornering. I didn’t notice anything myself as far as ride.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I just moved the back 2, don't like the way the front brackets are built, added about 1-1/2 of clearance and like mentioned feels more stable, as for ride I could not tell.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
For a time I moved all 4 shocks to the other position on my 570 FS (XP). I got a little height but the ride was considerably rougher even at the lowest setting. I ended up with a 2" bracket lift (upper brackets) shocks in inside position at lowest setting. The ride is still a little stiffer but not bad.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your reply’s. I’m looking to move mine outward for our trip to Brimstone. Been there many times on my Razor 900 XP but never on my Ranger 900XP
Zonk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I moved my shocks out today to the outward position, I picked up about an inch to inch and a quarter front and rear, I think I really like it this way the ride seems to be just as good I’m anxious to see how it handles now with the shocks moved out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I guess I’m going to add this to my list of things to do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I moved all 4 of mine to the outer position to help compensate for the old shocks getting weak. Then when I bought good shocks I ended up with the rears on the outer position and the fronts on the inner. I noticed you can’t do that on the new models. They dive badly in corners and they could definitely use an outer position.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I moved my shocks out today to the outward position, I picked up about an inch to inch and a quarter front and rear, I think I really like it this way the ride seems to be just as good I’m anxious to see how it handles now with the shocks moved out.
Hey zonk, how did yours ride with the shock moved out? I'm probably gonna do move mine once I get it back.

·
Registered
2011 Polaris Ranger 800xp limited edition
33 Posts
I moved mine out and the first load of wood I stacked on there broke the rear torsion bar. I welded it and it broke again. They are moved back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts