PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you ride in any brush don't go overboard ......I have busted the glass out of both of mine.....I now have plastic mirror in them now.....Bud busted both his off . :cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did this, works perfect.
I am looking at upgrading to a new Northstar Edition. This was one of the first concerns I had, as I use my mirrors all the time. Did you have to drill a hole in the doors then? I don’t see a hole on the outside of the doors.just curious about the process and the visibility on the passenger side.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, drilling is very easy, actually there is a square tubing that you will be drilling through, then the outer door shell. Just follow the instructions on the video, pretty straight forward. The visibility on either side is much better than I could have expected. adjust fully, up, down, in or out. Can see the rear wheel for tight driving and also down the side of the machine or adjust just as you would your automobile. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed mine today. They were a Christmas present. I purchase recommended bolts through Fastenal. It looks like a factory installation. Thanks for post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed mine today. They were a Christmas present. I purchase recommended bolts through Fastenal. It looks like a factory installation. Thanks for post.
Nice can’t wait for my machine so I ca start installing some things. Wife bought me seizmik pursuit night vision series, need to run wire from them to the spare terminal block. the nourthstar is the ultimate so I asume I can use the same wire chase The power windows have ? Just curious how someone made out running the wires from the mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice can’t wait for my machine so I ca start installing some things. Wife bought me seizmik pursuit night vision series, need to run wire from them to the spare terminal block. the nourthstar is the ultimate so I asume I can use the same wire chase The power windows have ? Just curious how someone made out running the wires from the mirror.
I installed a set of mirrors from Maverick this week on my XP1000 with canvas (soft) doors. These might be a alternative
to drilling your hard doors. I needed a set of side mirrors in order to pass inspection in WV for on road use. With there mounting position and the doors installed, I cannot see the right side mirror. Depending upon your needs, these might be a option. Folding Side View Mirror Set for Polaris Ranger 1000XP 2018+(Will Work With Factory Doors Installed) - Maverick Advantage

·
Registered
17 Posts
I installed a set of mirrors from Maverick this week on my XP1000 with canvas (soft) doors. These might be a alternative
to drilling your hard doors. I needed a set of side mirrors in order to pass inspection in WV for on road use. With there mounting position and the doors installed, I cannot see the right side mirror. Depending upon your needs, these might be a option. Folding Side View Mirror Set for Polaris Ranger 1000XP 2018+(Will Work With Factory Doors Installed) - Maverick Advantage
Thanks for the response erdaugherty, they look nice. We hope to get to WV to trail ride also. Looked at some of the places at Hatfield and McCoy looke like a nice place to ride with the towns being friendly to off-roaders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Lom1357, I just received delivery of my 21' Northstar and I also purchased the seizmik pursuit night vision mirrors. Like you, I could really use some help/info on the door wiring detail. This is my 2nd Ranger, but it's my 1st Northstar and I'm not comfortable disassembling the door units without some insight. Please let me know if you find anything out...and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Lom1357, I just received delivery of my 21' Northstar and I also purchased the seizmik pursuit night vision mirrors. Like you, I could really use some help/info on the door wiring detail. This is my 2nd Ranger, but it's my 1st Northstar and I'm not comfortable disassembling the door units without some insight. Please let me know if you find anything out...and I'll do the same.
Sounds like a plan, when I get my machine I will let you know unless you figure it out first. Mine will have electric windows so I assume I will be able to use the same wire chase. Just hope the wire with the mirrors are long enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't remember where, but I read another post where someone said the wires were long enough. I'm going to give it shot this weekend and I'll let you know.
BTW - I love the new unit! I put 12-hours on it last weekend. What an upgrade from my 11' XP800. I opted for the Trail Boss edition and, so far, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't remember where, but I read another post where someone said the wires were long enough. I'm going to give it shot this weekend and I'll let you know.
BTW - I love the new unit! I put 12-hours on it last weekend. What an upgrade from my 11' XP800. I opted for the Trail Boss edition and, so far, I couldn't be happier.
Yea I’m jealous, reading about everyones rides is driving me crazy. wife bought me a few things bed gun rack for shooting clay inside gun rack for when I go hunting a bar light not sure where to put that yet either bumper or at roof line And the mirror. They sold her a large wire cable kit not sure if that for adapting the bar light to the buss bar or for the mirrors or both..... I got a lot to figure out. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow!...Cool wife! Mine threatened divorce when I pulled in the driveway with the new unit on my trailer!
I installed the mirrors on the doors last night. I followed the instructions in the video posted above and it worked out perfectly. To run the wires I had to peel back the weather stripping, remove the pin clips off the interior upper panel and remove the rubber door strap/limiter. I was then able to pull back the panel and run the wiring up above the window frame and over to the existing power window wiring grommet. There wasn't enough room in the existing grommet so I just drilled another hole beside the grommet, ran the wiring through it and then snaked the mirror wiring through the window wiring coil. You've also got to drill holes in the exterior panels to get the wiring inside the door. Be careful where you drill these. Make sure they're far enough away from the mirror mounting hole or you'll have difficulty getting rubber grommets in the wiring hole...I made this mistake on the 1st door and now I've got to use some black silicone to seal up with wiring hole. I didn't finish wiring it up to the pulse bar and/or installing the toggle switch yet...plan to tackle that this weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow!...Cool wife! Mine threatened divorce when I pulled in the driveway with the new unit on my trailer!
I installed the mirrors on the doors last night. I followed the instructions in the video posted above and it worked out perfectly. To run the wires I had to peel back the weather stripping, remove the pin clips off the interior upper panel and remove the rubber door strap/limiter. I was then able to pull back the panel and run the wiring up above the window frame and over to the existing power window wiring grommet. There wasn't enough room in the existing grommet so I just drilled another hole beside the grommet, ran the wiring through it and then snaked the mirror wiring through the window wiring coil. You've also got to drill holes in the exterior panels to get the wiring inside the door. Be careful where you drill these. Make sure they're far enough away from the mirror mounting hole or you'll have difficulty getting rubber grommets in the wiring hole...I made this mistake on the 1st door and now I've got to use some black silicone to seal up with wiring hole. I didn't finish wiring it up to the pulse bar and/or installing the toggle switch yet...plan to tackle that this weekend.
My wife may have been the same way, some time they just don’t understand boys and their toys. Me selling my hotrod made it easier to get done,then she was on board. Good to hear enough wire was on the light to make it to the buss bar.. did the window wire coil run under the floor or though the roof To the hood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The window wiring coil is on top of the door units and runs under the roof panels. I didn't get around to messing with it this last weekend. I'll update you again as soon as I find the time to get around to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I installed the night vision mirrors on my Northstar. Overall not too bad but a couple tips that make it easier. I recorded videos of the install- I'll try to upload and post the link.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts