PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone making something out there that will help with preventing water from collecting through these?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
What if you cover with something like an old style clothes dryer vent for the lack of a better description, would eliminate direct water and move the intake down to a narrow slit, maybe hood scoop would better describe it but with the opening pointed down, make any sense??

·
Registered
764 Posts
Although it would help, the intake sucks air pretty hard, it can easily suck water/debris up from a down pointing intake...

My intake is pulling from under my roof, i no longer get water in my air box but still need to clean the lower part every 3rd ride or so...thankfully the top of the filter has remained very clean/dry for the last 1000 miles or so...

·
Registered
72 Posts
polaris makes a kit that you can buy that takes air from inside the cab behind the seat. I made my own out of an old rad hose--it works fine and doesn't add any extra noise. The kit cost 50 bucks

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Please post picture of your rad hose fix.

polaris makes a kit that you can buy that takes air from inside the cab behind the seat. I made my own out of an old rad hose--it works fine and doesn't add any extra noise. The kit cost 50 bucks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have some welded up. I used stainless steel 20 gauge sheet metal. Took forever to get the rolls and degrees right. But have them ready to install. There 4" wide and extend from the top of vent to about 1 1/2" past bottom of vent . And have 1" lip on 3 sides for mounting screws. the opening is 4" x 1 1/4" thought that would be around the same air flow as an 1 1/2" pipe.
I dont have lap top . Only cell phone. and cant figure out how to post a pic yet. Sorry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts