PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a short area that I have to sidehill on my property. No, I haven’t flipped, but I have to say it felt a little tippy with an approximately 300 lb passenger. I’m not light at 225. Anyway, we made it without flipping.

Got me to thinking what impacts the stability. I put a small lift MMA on because there are some large rocks that I kept hitting. Otherwise, I have stock wheels and tires and 8 lbs of pressure. I have the front springs turned all of the way down other than to make it somewhat level. I think I have 2 clicks on the rear now.

Would adding wheel spacers help since the wheel width would be wider? Or is the answer just minimize the sidehilling and go slow.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I lean to the uphill side. I got the 300 lber to do that, too. :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
I can tell you from experience that it is the fastest slow motion tip you’ll ever go through when it finally decides it has had enough of being vertical in this world. It still freaks me out when I have to side hill or turn on around if I am on that downhill side. When it starts, there is little to do but remember to hold on and keep arms and legs inside the ride at all times.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
The thing I hate most about doing side hill is the brown spots in my underwear!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Been trying to surmount this is exact issue. Decided to throw some money at it. Black Boar implement lift with the chisel plow attachment. Takes some time, multiple (hair raising) passes, switching the chisels from side to side. Also modded a few to get more digging. Bounced around a lot on the hard pack. Now that we just got a little rain it is ripping like a champ. Had one of those “300lb.ers” on the low side and didn’t make a sweat. Don’t have the best pics. Doesn’t show the true severity of the angle. Need to fab up a better scraper too. Just making that one channel really locks the machine on the slope.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
itsalljake, I'm curious as to why there's a second axle castle nut installed backwards?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Makes it faster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts