PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any kind of semi simple mod that I can do to achieve more power with my 500? I am going to be plowing my hill this winter and want to make sure I do not have any issues moving the snow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey buddy i have a 400 and live in Canada with a two driveways each 150' long x 12' wide with a parking section 30x16 and i put 28 hrs on it last winter pushing snow with no issues so your 500 should be fine stock

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey buddy i have a 400 and live in Canada with a two driveways each 150' long x 12' wide with a parking section 30x16 and i put 28 hrs on it last winter pushing snow with no issues so your 500 should be fine stock
My concern is my hills I have to plow. I guess I am just underestimating the Ranger. Last year I was plowing with a Craftsman tractor with 55lb weights on each tire and chains and I could not push through the snow up the hill. Since the Ranger weighs 1200lb and AWD, I guess I should be OK. I even have enough cinder blocks to fill the bed for added weight.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Power wont be an issue...traction may depending on the grade of the hill and how much snow gets dumped. Plows make the rear end light and Weight in the bed helps alot! Crank the shocks up a few notches for the extra weight in the bed and plow and always use low range unless you like buying belts. Youll be very surprised how much snow these things will move!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I've plowed with a crapsman and ranger....Comparing the craftsman tractor to your ranger is like comparing a BB gun to a bazooka....you'll be just fine, if your craftsman got the job done then the ranger wont even break a sweat....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for that information. Guess I am just over thinking it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts