PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found the slush today while out on the lake. It took 2 hours of digging to get the the slush and crust of ice out from under the ranger b4 the tracks could get back on the ice under the slush. We finally got it to move a little bit and went back and forth a few times in a foot of water before it finally climbed back on top of the snow.
Luckily it was 30 degrees and I had my mickeymouse boots on cause they were full of water but once the water in the boots warmed up my feet were warm.
Be very careful out on the lakes if you have had a lot of snow.
I am done riding on the lake this winter.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I thought the weather was to go back below normal again? Lot of snow can be a pain. March is usually the snowiest
What lake-county?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep with the amount of snow we have gotten, it just isn’t safe to go far off of the main “ice roads”. A while back I pulled up to try and help a guy out who had gotten stuck with his 4wd pickup. Thought he was just stuck in snow. When I stepped out of my ranger my feet sunk in about a foot of slush and water was coming up around the ranger. I backed out of there pretty quickly and have stuck to known areas since. Took a couple snowmobiles with some long ropes but they did get the pickup out of there

Reactions: arcticzale

·
Registered
90 Posts
While it wasn't slush, I got high centered the other night moving a bunch of snow. When over a pretty big pile, and the plow filled up and lifted as I went up and over the soft pile. Good thing it was next to the road, and I was only a few hundred feed from home. Got the Tahoe out and pulled about 2 feet and I was back in business again. I have gotten stuck in slush when I had tracks on my atv. Wasn't fun trying to get it unstuck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hear you guys. I found the slush also, more than once on Lake Winnie. was able to get out the first time with out help. my buddy was coming to help he got stuck. went to get a tow strap I got stuck on way back to his ranger. took turns pulling and shoveling each other out all the way back to the landing. the rangers would push a lot of snow and eventually pack it very tight underneath them and hang up. if not for all the snow the tracked rangers would of made it through. spent a little over 5 hours doing this !!!!!!. we also had knee high boots and had water in them. the fish will have to wait until spring.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, with all of the snow on the lakes they have become what could be dangerous. Even though there is 2ft of ice it is all of the weight of the snow that pushed the ice down causing water to come up and sit on top of the ice yet still be under the snow.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yep, it's a constant problem for us in South Louisiana as well, lol. We just keep our Rangers off the lake unless your Ranger ends with Boats, :chuncky:

·
Registered
754 Posts

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts