PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending many hours assembling a puzzle of PVC, I have finally found the combination that works on my bike. Now for those that have PVC snorkels, what glue to use, did you 2 part PVC glue like a plumber or did you use silicone to connect the pvc pieces?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Another plumber here, please use primer and glue, silicone is not.made for connecting pvc. Did you use white pvc or the black abs? If abs then you need to get abs glue

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
used white pvc. question with the pvc glue is their a glue that dosnt set so fast? last time I messed with pvc the glue set before I could position the pipes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used the PVC cement that is found in the electrical section of the hardware store , then put black silicone around each fitting .. One thing to remember too is to spin each peice at least a quater turn when you glue it to insure the glue is everywhere . Now another trick did is mocked up my pipe/ fittings and marked everything . That way when I glue it all I know where it needs to be

·
Registered
482 Posts
used white pvc. question with the pvc glue is their a glue that dosnt set so fast? last time I messed with pvc the glue set before I could position the pipes.
Oatey makes a clear heavy body slow set glue. If you don't chamfer the outside of the pipe, it will push the primer/glue out of the socket and into fitting making glueing difficult sometimes. I always cut the pipe with tubing cutters, chamfer the outside with a hand reamer and never have issues glueing it.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
You can use a pocket knife and chamfer in side as well for less restrictions that's the way i was taught.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Call me stupid but what is chamfering? I've been plumbing in south louisiana for 15 years and have never heard of that

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Ok see gotta use common term with me lol. I know exactly what beveling the edges is

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys, I spent all day fitting, marking, gluing, ect. finally got it done. One thing though, I used a small 2" zip tie to hold the bunch of wires. It disappeared I mean gone.... well it popped of and shot down the belt intake. I know this because when I started the bike chunks of it shot out the belt exhaust snorkel.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
What part of south la are you in ? May have to meet halfway and find a mud park .. I'm in southeast Texas
sounds good to me man. I usually ride all the parks around here but venture to Mississippi alot. I really wanna come your way this summer and try sabine, and river run. Ever been to those?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Oh and I'm 30 minutes east of baton Rouge in walker

·
Registered
279 Posts
What size pipe is best for snorkels,,

I have saw the kits for sale ,but it looks fairly simple to make,,

Will 2- inch thin wall pipe work ,,and some say center seat mods are required,,,,,to fit these,,,on the,

2014--Polaris Ranger XP 900--- are seat mods required.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Being you have a 900 I'd do nothing smaller then 2" sch. 40 dwv pipe.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I wouldn't mind traveling this summer haha got to get a wheeler for back up tho the ranger some times don't last long lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.