PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time, I had an issue with snow clogging up my side vents on my 2013. I've seen the posts for having the intake inside the cab and others going out of the back. I don't take my machine in deep water, but need to solve the snow issue. I need to be able to see out of the back since I plow a lot.

My questions are:
1.) If the intakes are routed inside the cab and my cab is heated, will that cause an issue? Worried about adding warm air to an already warm location.
2.) Is it loud with the intakes inside of the cab? I like the idea of the Polaris little intake boxes.
3.) Has anyone snorkeled with the sliding rear panel? I do not want to lose the functionality of the rear window

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am having the same issue. I have been looking at the triangle atv kit. but I am on the fence about cutting my bed as I use my machine for work and play. I am wanting to just run them in the cab behind the seat but dont know how it would affect the intake, or the sound.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am thinking of using 2 ½ inch shop vac hose to snorkel my intakes and have flexibility to go behind the seats and up to the roof inside.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wouldn't that hose collapse with suction? I have seen a few people use spa hose..
I don't think so it holds up to a pretty powerful shop vac. If it does i'll go to plan B I guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.