PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to snorkel my 13 ranger 900. Wondering what snorkels you guys were running and what you think about the kit you have? Pics would be great also. Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Would be nice to have one that you didn't have to cut the bed. With the new intakes on the 15 xp. I'm constantly getting water in my belt housing when washing it or trailering in heavy rain. A really bad engineering design on Polaris's part. :mad-new:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Do not let the little cut in the bed deter you! The Triangle Kit makes this come out very clean. Others are good also but I like the look of the triangle for 900s the best. Having snorkels FAR out weighs the worry of getting water in things.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes it looks nice. Just want to avoid cutting anything. I don't even want to cut holes in my dash for switches. Ha

Reactions: alloutdoors

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm looking to do this as well and looking for a kit myself. I do not have plans to go swimming with the unit but do not like the opening along with side and would like to relocate them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Expat, the triangle kit does look very good. I just don't know about cutting the bed. Last night was looking at the snorkel your atv kit. Has anyone tried this kit? Their kit says you have to cut out a little bit of the cushion in the back of the middle seat. I'm even trying to avoid that. Im thinking I can use my heat shrink gun too heat the pipe going behind the seat and narrow it just enough to make it work. I've heard of people doing similar things when they built their own kit. Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have the SYATV kit on my 800 and like it a lot. Only cut a small section of the seat backing plastic out and it is unnoticeable and does not hurt a thing. The 900's seats may be different, I am not sure.
Expat, the triangle kit does look very good. I just don't know about cutting the bed. Last night was looking at the snorkel your atv kit. Has anyone tried this kit? Their kit says you have to cut out a little bit of the cushion in the back of the middle seat. I'm even trying to avoid that. Im thinking I can use my heat shrink gun too heat the pipe going behind the seat and narrow it just enough to make it work. I've heard of people doing similar things when they built their own kit. Thanks for all the help!

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
You can just build your own and save some money, it doesn't take that much engineering know how. I just took a picture of what I was trying to do and went to Home Depot and got about 90% of what I needed the first time, just had to tweak it a little bit. My write up is in my signature with the hyperlink: "DIY Snorkeled".

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was not a big fan of cutting the bed, either. However, the thought of cutting my seat and the idea of having the snorkel piped inside the cab was worse. The stock intakes on the side of the cab and the low CVT exhaust are a joke if you drive in much water. I notched the bed and have not regretted my decision one bit. Plus, I can still use a rear window.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Bingo! I have never heard anyone that was worried about the little cutting have any regrets afterward. The benefit FAR exceeds the cost.

I was not a big fan of cutting the bed, either. However, the thought of cutting my seat and the idea of having the snorkel piped inside the cab was worse. The stock intakes on the side of the cab and the low CVT exhaust are a joke if you drive in much water. I notched the bed and have not regretted my decision one bit. Plus, I can still use a rear window.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The Triangle ATV kit is the best out. I don't recommend the Snorkel your at . Com kit, it's a cheap option but it pushes really hard on you back seat and uses 1.5 hose until the risers.

This is all you have to cut with the triangle kit and comes with an awesome step by step DVD

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I agree, Triangle is the way to go on 900s, hence the reason I put a picture of it up. If anyone is worried about weakening the bed where it needs cutting it can easily be reinforced with some aluminum on the backside if you choose to do so.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the triangle kit on my 2015... while it works the rear cage bracing was changed up (or atleast it is on the crew) and the triangle metal riser piece is a major pain in the [email protected]# to mount.

I added some 45 degree pieces between the risers and the final 90's. I like mine angled down during a hard rain... you can see them in this pic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice ride. Where did you get the Triangle kit, there website doesn't list a kit for a 15'. With work I haven't had a chance to call. Tango.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I can vouch for Triangle. I have a Yamaha Grizzly with their snorkel kit installed by their techs. All material is top notch. Very durable industrial grade flex hose used.
http://www.triangleatv.com

·
Registered
658 Posts
i got a triangle atv kit as well but did like the risers. so i did my own...

Reactions: RiverRunner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.