PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Denali Pro 72" plow. With a lift and bigger tires the plow will not touch the ground on one side when it is angled. I had to go back to the stock tires and move the front shocks back in. I would like to leave the bigger tires on. I called moto alliance and they told me to go back to stock. Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
84 Posts
This concerns me as I just received my 72" plow today and I have the 3" outkast lift with 30" tires... I won't get around to putting the plow together until Tomorow night ... I'm sure I can modify something to make it work... How much is it off the ground?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The point where the plow frame mounts to the Ranger was designed to be a certain height (stock) so you need to be stock height or design a drop mount to get it to the stock height.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I opened my boxes to take a quick look at the plow mount , I don't see why the mouth wouldn't allow the plow frame to fully droop all the way down ... Have u gotten underneath to specifically see whats binding up. To me it looks like its just a standard pin / pivot point .

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 72" plow that I used to use when I had my 3" lift in, and for the 2 years I plowed with it in the other 4 positions besides straight one end of the plow will be off the ground unless you change the symmetry of the turntable on the plow because it's only desined for stock height. I also tried my father's 60" polaris plow and still did the same thing. Hopes this helps

·
Registered
236 Posts
I opened my boxes to take a quick look at the plow mount , I don't see why the mouth wouldn't allow the plow frame to fully droop all the way down ... Have u gotten underneath to specifically see whats binding up. To me it looks like its just a standard pin / pivot point .
It's not a problem of travel its a problem of geometry. It will hit the ground evenly across when the plow is straight, but when it is turned, the side that is out front will hit the ground first stopping the side that is closer to the machine.
I have had the same problem with a grader blade on the tractor, fortunately you can adjust it on a tractor.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It occurred to me that a person could fix the plow by adding a drop to the lift arms instead of the mount that attaches to the frame.
Please excuse the crude drawing but I think it gets the point across. The red portion would be the addition. of course it may nee som extrta bracing instead of just an "L" depending on how much drop is needed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ill be sure to figure it out Tomorow.... You can bet that I won't be putting the stock suspension and tires back on .... That's for sure

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
As stated above.....turntable needs to be parallel to the ground. Drop the mount down or longer ears where the pins go through.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going to fab up a drop with some gussets... I will post pictures Tomorow once I get this squared away.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Moto Alliance's engineering dept should consider an alternative mounting system for UTVs with lifts on them.
They need to take notes from Boss.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Finally got around to doing a drop on the arms of the plow frame, everything is 1/4" steel, it's a 4" drop and everything touches the ground as it should with the plow straight or angled.its nothing fancy but works as it should, I'm sure it will void my warranty on the plow but I well ...when I get more time later this week I'm going to extend the plow 5" on each side tapering them forward 30 degrees +/-
Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Car

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part Soil

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Bumper

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
^^
Nice work!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fine job sir!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Put a better cutting edge on it. The one on there is like tin. Put a wider one on too and it seems to plow better

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.