PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I have been kicking around buying a new side by side for 2 years. We have a Kubota RTV at the farm and just want some more power and trail potential.

We have a little boy due in June so we will need to fit 3 on the buggy. We have 2 friends who just bought 900XP single seat models that will ride 3, but I hate driving with someone under my arm - especially in the woods or in rough terrain.

What I guess I am getting at is this: I can buy a 570 Crew with EPS cheaper than I can buy a regular 900 with EPS. I can't see wanting more than a 2" lift and 27 or 28 inch all terrain tires - probably Mongrels or BigHorns.

So tell me why you bought a mid size instead of a full size or even instead of a different brand.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Money was the biggest reason for me. But I also like being the under dog. I like to take stuff that people say aren't capable of certain things and make them eat crow lol. I love my midsize though and wouldn't trade for anything. All those bigger cc buggy break too much crap, they have too much power.

Reactions: battledonkey

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Like ones (Kevin) said, It fits the trails better and fits in the bed of a pickup truck!

·
Registered
618 Posts
My reasons:
- Cost
- Fits in my truck bed
- Fits in my shed (barely) if I need the garage space
- Small enough for some of the tighter trails

·
Registered
616 Posts
I wanted a single cylinder sxs with good mileage and something I could get down some of the trails we have here in the mountains. Unlike in the south, you have ruts you have to run. Typically up here in the rocks, ruts are not the problem. The problem is negotiating rocks and limbs. Also, wanted to ability to carry kids and grandkids out so we got the crew eps. Finally, my wife insisted on the eps so she could snow plow if she had to get rid of me, LOL. The f/s units have their advantages, but the midsize fits my needs better.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Size mostly a fullsize can be tough getting around on some of the trails. The 800 engine was also a big selling point for me coming from a 660 Rhino I wanted the added power. Cost too of course does everything a fullsize will for several thousand less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
congrats wagz. Let me know the mod. Can't be outdone by you! :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So basically I have to decide between a 570 Crew EPS or a 900 Crew EPS.

Even without a baby on the way, 3 of us generally end up hunting off the RTV so add a baby in on woods outings and that is at least 4. Don't know why I haven't put that together before now....

So 570 Crew EPS msrp is $12,499.

900 Crew EPS msrp is $16,299.

Dang that is a lot of difference!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Or....look into a Kawi T4... Yes..i just said that. LOL neighbors have one, and a few other ppl..good machines. Had some clutch issues/belt issues, but good machines.

If your sticking with poalris, get the 900XP crew. Added HP for when you decide to unload an additional 6k on lift stuff..LOL

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
So wagz..you working outside in the cold again. You just typed some foul language on here (Kwai t4-really??). I had to pull one of those out of the mud at the club last spring.......

·
Registered
616 Posts
So basically I have to decide between a 570 Crew EPS or a 900 Crew EPS.

Even without a baby on the way, 3 of us generally end up hunting off the RTV so add a baby in on woods outings and that is at least 4. Don't know why I haven't put that together before now....

So 570 Crew EPS msrp is $12,499.

900 Crew EPS msrp is $16,299.

Dang that is a lot of difference!
I got the 570 Crew EPS and love it. Of course, you could haul up to six in the 900, but sooner or later you got to cap the number of peeps or you would have a school bus. :)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
So wagz..you working outside in the cold again. You just typed some foul language on here (Kwai t4-really??). I had to pull one of those out of the mud at the club last spring.......
yup, always out in the weather, its what we do. hahaha. Id buy a T4... Or a Crew 900, 6x6 if they made them..lol "Super mega ultra bus"

·
Registered
642 Posts
Size for maneuvering through trails, new 570 model, and space for kids and plenty of power to mud and work!!!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If you buy a 900 crew you better have truck trails to ride on, that thing is stupid big

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you buy a 900 crew you better have truck trails to ride on, that thing is stupid big
And that is my concern with it.

70-85% of all our riding is running fire lines, fence rows or regular dirt roads.

The rest is generally on trails I blazed with a Honda Rancher 350 so they are sort of small. I have opened them up a little each year and now the RTV fits fine as far as width.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.