PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show off some of my homemade stuff. My dad had some metal scraps left over in his shop from projects of his own. Having a plasma cutter and mig machine didn't hurt either. We built a skid plate after I busted up the bottom outer plastic on a root during hunting season. Just couldn't see spending $900 when I could do it myself. I even rolled up the edges slightly and used a piece of angle iron at the back to screw in the mud blockers to keep sticks from pulling it out. On the front I wanted a good pull point to better distribute the pressure. Next project I think will be a rear bumper. Not sure how I want to do it yet but I wanted to use something where I could add some LED trailer lights inside it.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Love those rock sliders, this is what I want exactly. I also have cracked one of my lower plastic rockers. Would you mind sharing some info on how you mounted them to the frame? Pictures would be nice. I would like to make a set of these for mine. Good innovations!

·
Registered
91 Posts
X2. I have cracked mine as well yours are nice and tight to the body unlike the polaris ones that stick out way to far for me. I would never make it through the woods if I had the popo rock sliders/ step bars. I would love some pics as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I appreciate it. I can get more pictures and some rough measurements from the bottom this week or next. It's a 1/8th inch thick piece of sheet metal for a solid under body skid. I used left over pieces to make strips, welding them on to skid for rock rail and tapping into the thin metal piece under the outside plastic to anchor it. I need to put some more drain holes and and touch it up a bit after I drop it When hunting season is over. It seems to hold up pretty good to the woods I would like to test it in the mountains though.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice work! Like the other guys I've busted up my rocker panels and would like a solution. I like how tight you made yours fit the body panels.

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nice find Jason. I would like to have the entire 10 piece set but it's out of my budget. Just the rocker panels might be doable.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's great. I didn't realize it as all one piece. And you did that on your own. Respect man. Was it hard. I can do some "stuff" but I don't know about that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RJ me my dad and my brother. I was more of a spectator they are the tinkerers. I ground and buffed and held and drilled but they welded and cut. It was pretty simple: solid piece of 1/8" plate steel heated and rolled a bit at the front and notched to fit. Plastic was already a wreck from hanging that root so I let them tac the rock guards on as I held and pushed the piece into place. The 1/8" I think will be lighter than some of the heavier stuff but still strong enough and was flexible enough to work with. It still needs some touch ups though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
IMG_0560.JPG
I hope this pic works out--I made a new belly pan from 1/2" UHMW and new rocker panel frame from 1 1/2" square steel tube--should hold up now. If this pic doesn't load there are some pics of it on the projects section of the forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts