PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cruising around yesterday and decided to look at my RPMs and try to figure out how high it would go before it would sputter and then compare it to the top speed. Well... I saw the top RPMs around 6200 at around 52 or so mphs but this would vary.

What controls the governor to shut down the motor? Is it at 52 or so mph or the RPMs? If it were the rpms, it seemed at times I was doing 52 but the rpms were at 6100 and the unit would sputter. It also seemed like I could hit the governor pretty easy and having to left off the pedal to stop if from sputtering is kind of a nuisance. Thoughts?

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Like Jerry said, its a rev limiter. Its all controlled by the computer.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by carnivore

Like Jerry said, its a rev limiter. Its all <u>controlled by the computer.</u><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Great so your saying I need to get a GEEK to fix my Ranger. LOL

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Commander

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by carnivore

Like Jerry said, its a rev limiter. Its all <u>controlled by the computer.</u><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Great so your saying I need to get a GEEK to fix my Ranger. LOL
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Cool, then you shouldn't have any problem then[:0][:D][;)][:p]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts