PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2015 Ranger single cab diesel. It has the normal 60/40 split bench in it. I would like to convert it to 40/center console/40. Has anyone done this conversion to their diesel or 900xp?
I know the driver's side seat will fit on the passenger's side so all I will need for the seat is another driver's side style seat bottom. Does the stock Ranger center consoles that come in the 5 seat crews just bolt into the center or are there more modifications that have to be made to make it fit? Any and all tips or info on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm definitely interested in this as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the diesel has the same frame setup as the front of a 900 xp then all you will need is a driver side bottom seat and driver side backrest to go on the passenger side, and a center console. The center console will slide into the rail on the backside of the seat frame and then a bolt will go in on the bottom front side at an angle to secure it down.

I've been trying to find someone that has a crew with center console that wants to convert to bench seats front and rear so I can have a console front and rear. Only bad part is that I have a camo crew and the seats are all black, most people have colored seats so they wouldn't match up.

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
I recently bought a 2015 Ranger single cab diesel. It has the normal 60/40 split bench in it. I would like to convert it to 40/center console/40. Has anyone done this conversion to their diesel or 900xp?
I know the driver's side seat will fit on the passenger's side so all I will need for the seat is another driver's side style seat bottom. Does the stock Ranger center consoles that come in the 5 seat crews just bolt into the center or are there more modifications that have to be made to make it fit? Any and all tips or info on this would be greatly appreciated.
It will work, the seat base frames are the same.

Polaris Center Console complete, (Qty 1) 2634880-070 apprx $150
Polaris Center Console attachment screw (Qty 1) 7518529
Polaris Driver side seat bottom (Qty 1) 2684966-070 apprx $250

The part number for the seat base is for the color Black, I am assuming that is Your seat color.

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
If the diesel has the same frame setup as the front of a 900 xp then all you will need is a driver side bottom seat and driver side backrest to go on the passenger side, and a center console. The center console will slide into the rail on the backside of the seat frame and then a bolt will go in on the bottom front side at an angle to secure it down.

I've been trying to find someone that has a crew with center console that wants to convert to bench seats front and rear so I can have a console front and rear. Only bad part is that I have a camo crew and the seats are all black, most people have colored seats so they wouldn't match up.
I think I would like that, consoles front and rear. Please post pics if you get it done.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The part number for the seat base is for the color Black, I am assuming that is Your seat color.
Awesome. Thanks for the part numbers. I thought it would work but I wanted to make sure before I started buying parts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Country Outdoors in Houston has a crew with consoles front and rear. That is where I got the idea from.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have said this before but I will say it again Greg is the part number master!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Do you know the part number for the seat backs? The console does not fit with the full bench style seat back. It will have to be a split bench style seat back.

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
Do you know the part number for the seat backs? The console does not fit with the full bench style seat back. It will have to be a split bench style seat back.
Did not see that coming.

Ryan, you have a PM.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those that are going to try this conversion, the center console does not fit with the factory full back cushion.
Tire Vehicle Automotive exterior Floor Car

It sticks out about 4".
Automotive exterior Bumper Leg Auto part Tire

I tried pushing it to the seat back but still could not get it close enough.
Room Photography Architecture Floor Metal

Leg Human leg Thigh Footwear Human body

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a little time to work on it today. The console definitely not fit with the full back cushion in place.

First I removed the plastic cover on the back of the cab and pulled it back enough to gain access to the cushion mounting bolts.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Auto part

I did not remove the plastic cover completely because the air duct is attached to it.

Next remove the bolt on the back side of the fuse/ecu compartment. Retain this as you will reuse it to secure the console in place.
Bumper Auto part

Before I put the console in place I inserted the front console retaining screw (part # 7518529) just enough to get it started.
Vehicle Car Wheel

Then I slid the console into place. The front console mounting bracket fits into the bench seat attachment point.
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part

Once the console is in place, reinstall the rear screw inside the console and tighten the front screw.
Sink Plumbing fixture Kitchen sink Automotive exterior Metal

Console and new front seat installed.
Vehicle Commercial vehicle Car

Instead of spending a small fortune on new single seat backs I am going to make the full cushion fit. I took it to a local auto upholstery shop to have the center section cut and re-stapled to fit. I will post more pictures as soon as I get it back and finish the project.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love it when a plan comes together. I got the upper cushion back from the upholstery shop today. I had him cut a notch out of the center section to clear the center console.
Vehicle Car Auto part

Vehicle Car Auto part Tire Automotive tire

Vehicle Auto part Car Car seat

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's badass ... I've been waiting to see how the back cushion was going to come out. Is it possible to have the center console just sitting on the seat... I occasionally have three people in my rig , but really love the center consoles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not sure how you would secure it if you had it just sitting on the seat. I still have the original seat bottom so it would not take but a few minutes to swap it out with the console. And since I did not have to put the two individual upper cushions in there will still be enough cushion for the person sitting in the middle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's badass ... I've been waiting to see how the back cushion was going to come out. Is it possible to have the center console just sitting on the seat... I occasionally have three people in my rig , but really love the center consoles.
That console will not fit with the seat back, I would suggest something like this that is removable and can be secured with the seat belt.

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Auto part Car

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ryan, that turned out well. Glad it came together for you.
Thank you Sir! I'm very happy with it. Thanks again for all your help.

The only problem with the console that is secured by the seat belt is that the center seat has a shoulder strap three point style seatbelt. But you could easily swap it out for a two point lap style seat belt.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would also like to thank Kyle at K&S ATV in Pasadena, TX (www.k-satv.com). He was very helpful with this project and helped me get a better deal on the single seat bottom cushion and the center console.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.