PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just bought the poly roof seal kit. Of course, no instructions. Not even a picture of what goes where. Can anyone help? I'm hoping the seal goes on the roof and not on the cage because I do go topless in the summer sometimes. ;)

Thanks in advance.
TW

·
Super Moderator
6,846 Posts
You will have 4 pcs, the two identical pcs go on the sides, the piece with the holes goes in the back, the other piece goes to the front. it looks like attaching them to the roof would be the best way.
Also remember installing the seal kit to the roof, will now require more effort to install the roof.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I just received my seal kit today. I'm going to install it tomorrow. Thanks for the install tips.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice tip! I'll try that this evening.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Installed mine. Keeps the rain out but found it a pain it install. If I had a 2nd person, it may have been easier. Oh,now it seems I get a lot of creaking and it seems it is coming from the roof area. Wasn't there before installation

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have mine but haven't installed it yet. Jackasses at the dealer didn't put the screws on mine so I will get them when I go back and do a permanent install

·
Registered
208 Posts
I do not plan to take the roof off so why would I not install the screws. I live in South GA. It is hot in the summer and cold in the humid winters. Rains 60 inches a year.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I just installed mine...I pulled the windshield off finally...then I could reach out through , yank , tug, pull, pound, cuss...and get it in place. Eat your Wheaties ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
becarefull not attaching the top with the bolts, i trailered mine without and the wind took it off while the semi behind me ran it over . use the bolts, it will save 299.00

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found it way easier to install after beveling the leading edge of the two front tabs. The hinges on the poly tip out make it a bigger PITA for sure.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Mine came with the three hex head screws...and I replaced them after installing. Myself. I wouldn't trust the roof without the screws in it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got my seal kit for the sport roof and have read a few thread about the difficulties in replacing the roof after the install so I will definitely use some of those tips (soapy water).

My question is "Do you need to clean the area at all before applying the gasket and foam strips? And if so what is the best and recommended way/product to clean the surface??"

·
Registered
616 Posts
I installed my sport roof on my 2015 Mid size 570 Crew this past weekend. The gaskets do require more effort, but I am planning on using doors at some point and wanted to seal it as good as possible. Also, I have no squeaks after the install. The rubber gasket goes in the front. For a crew, you have 2 pieces of adhesive foam about 20" long and 2 pieces of adhesive foam about 28" long. The shorter ones go over the front doors and the longer ones go over the rear doors. You also have an adhesive foam piece that is about 48 inches long with four screw holes in it which goes on the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
any one have a pic of where the ft seal goes, sides and rear are easy to figure out, just don't understand $35, for couple bucks worth of foam, and poo cant put instructions in the box . sad .

·
Registered
552 Posts
My premium roof came with the big rubber seal across the front yet somehow trailering in the rain my headliner got soaked and fell down. I had a look at it he other day and it looks like the big seal is rolling over and the adhesive may be separating in places. I plan to bring it home at some point and investigate. I also have a ton of whistling at speed so I need to give it a good looking over. I suppose a smart man would maybe buy a new seal kit and have it on hand. That or maybe just buy my own foam. The stuff that came in the cab kit seems to be a pretty darn high quality material. Nice density with good compressibility and almost acts like memory foam.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just got my seal kit for the sport roof and have read a few thread about the difficulties in replacing the roof after the install so I will definitely use some of those tips (soapy water).

My question is "Do you need to clean the area at all before applying the gasket and foam strips? And if so what is the best and recommended way/product to clean the surface??"
Absolutely need to clean it. Some use rubbing alcohol. Careful use of carb or brake cleaner works well for me. Just don't linger enough to soften the paint too much. Also take a good look at the cage with a strong flashlight and identify any small gapes/seams. holes that could leak. I used black silicone caulk in mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts