PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a 2" PVC spacer I was in a pinch, I couldn't find a spring compressor. A few hours later this came to mind. I don't recommend trying this at home but it worked.
spring.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually, thats not a bad idea.. I'm a firm believer in ,,"whatever it takes" to get a job done.

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Lol I've done that before, talk about a pain in the ass.

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey Porkman, do you live anywhere near that plane crash that happened last night? Sorry to hijack your thread Skulley.

·
Registered
406 Posts
is that a 2" coupling or just 2" pvc pipe thinking of doing this or dose it not matter

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i myself used a 2" coupler with 2" pvc pipe inside the copuler. On the front i then split a piece of 1-1/2 DWV pipe and slide it over the strut down as far as it would go to work as a bushing.

Look up my lift thread. it'll have pics and stuff i think?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I never had luck with the ratchet strap. I had better luck using 4 sets of vice grips (larger ones) and putting two on each side to compress the spring.

Then I got my thumb pinched after the spring got away while trying to get the retainer clip on..... Now I own a spring compressor. best money I've spent in awhile. Some things just aren't worth getting hurt over being cheap.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Rum you can run either or but we usually run couplings. If you do use just pipe, make sure to get sch.40 solid core pipe, dwv pipe is just a foam inside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts