PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary and I received this email today from Trevor at SSV.

Gary,

I’m very disappointed in your commitment to the PRC sponsors. We donated per your request a $900 stereo system for your Project ranger. We were told there would be tech info, an install write up on PRC and pictures. None of that has happened. The install articles/pictures should have been written/ pictures taken around the time the car was done when all the PRC members were checking up on the build. Now, it’s old and lost it’s interest because it’s not new.

The only place we’re mentioned is in text on the sponsors list link, which isn’t related to the build thread as there are no pictures in that link:

http://www.prcforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23078, and in photo of the cab you can barely see an out of focus shot of our speaker grill.

The build link has on average 5x more views then the sponsor listing. No body ever reads that, they want to see pictures and read write ups.

AND, you listed everything as EFX. We purchased and donated everything you received. It should say SSV works. They are our pod designs, but your text description infers there EFX.

This explains the poor sales and response we’ve received from the PRC. We’ll pay the $360 for another year but where do we send the $900 invoice for the Ranger system since it’s obligations were not fulfilled as discussed?

Thanks,

Trevor

SSV Works LLC

19528 Ventura Blvd #158 Tarzana, CA 91356

Tel: 818-991-1SSV (778)
Fax: 866-293-6751
E-mail – [email protected]

Web – www.SSVworks.com

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't promise Trevor anything that different than I did to the others. I always told them:

1. Exposure during the build (seems like his biggest complaint?)
2. Easel listing at shows
3. Ranger and sponsor accessories will be seen in parades and other events
4. Listed as a contributing sponsor in print media.

That's about it. I didn't closely follow the build write-ups. Neal...do you recall making mention of these guys? Either I or Gary (I'm happy to do it, Gary) need to call Trevor, but we need to be armed to defend ourselves and apologize if we mislead them. Didn't we have SSV handouts at the dealer show?

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
The build write ups were sparse due to the aggressive build schedule. If you recall we recieved the speakers less than two weeks before the dealer show and I installed them (without any wiring) the day beofre I headed north. It was the last thing I done. There was no way I could have had time time for his write up even if I would not have been under the gun.

Their literature was the dozen flyer that I made sure we got into your truck and andeed had them all passed out within an hour after the beginning of the show.

I think the guy is just sexually frustrated. :oops: :?

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Yes, we did pass out their handouts at the show. His main complaint seems to be from a lack of photos of his product. We probable should have posted more install photos and posted more interior photos after the show. We posted plenty of exterior photos, which didn't do much for this guy.

Here are my suggestions for you Randy, since this is a definite Public Relations situation....

1. Post some more interior photos showing his product.
2. Get me some company info and photos and we can do a write-up under a topic heading of "PRC Feature Sponsor", a new section I was anticipating anyway.
3. Explain that this is a continuing build and their project sponsorship will result in exposure at future shows, including a huge show in Greenville, Michigan in two weeks.
4. I will post a photo of our project display board for a while to draw attention to all of our sponsors that took part in the build.
5. ?

We want to make our project sponsors to feel special, so let's get right on this and show him some love right away.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
oneal said:
The build write ups were sparse due to the aggressive build schedule. If you recall we recieved the speakers less than two weeks before the dealer show and I installed them (without any wiring) the day beofre I headed north. It was the last thing I done. There was no way I could have had time time for his write up even if I would not have been under the gun.

Their literature was the dozen flyer that I made sure we got into your truck and andeed had them all passed out within an hour after the beginning of the show.

I think the guy is just sexually frustrated. :oops: :?
Not faulting you Neal, just agreeing that we were lacking a bit in install photos that we published. I know the reasons we were short of photos, but it is an area we can improve on in the future, especially if we have more time!

I'm at fault too for not taking and posting more close up interior shots at the dealer show. It was hard not to focus on the beautiful exterior!

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay...I will call Trevor today and explain accordingly.

Neal...I agree with Gary....AND you. I totally understand the tight schedule you were up against and I'm therefore not faulting you either. This is an area in which it would have been nice that you had help towards the end of the build before the show.

I'll let you guys know how the call goes. I want to talk with Trevor live so that he doesn't feel as though I'm hiding behind the keyboard.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Don't worry, I took no offense. I was clear from the begining that this was a very aggressive timeline. I enjoy doing quality write-ups but they are time consuming. With Randy's vacation I didn't know the stereo was comming and about freaked over getting it installed.

Note to all staff- don't rush project.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I talked with Trevor today. He was very nice to me, but reiterated his disappointment in how we handled the sponsorship exposure during the build, and feels that we missed an opportunity that won't soon be back again. I explained to him the tight schedule we were under and he understood. I also explained to Trevor how their product was a hit at the dealer show, but that we didn't have a 'head' unit so we couldn't demo it.

He indicated that at trade shows that's the best way to get exposure. He said that with the cab on their, the system sounds awesome. He also said that we don't need a stereo head, just an MP3 player or ipod. In fact, he said that's the way most people use his product.

I then went on to explain the other things we'll be doing to promo the sponsors' product (the stuff that you listed above, Gary). We ended the call very cordially. Gary...in my opinion, it would be a good idea for you to contact Trevor as well. Just a follow-up to my call. He also would like to talk with you about his ideas for the Greenville show as it relates to demo...ing his product.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Ran said:
I talked with Trevor today. He was very nice to me, but reiterated his disappointment in how we handled the sponsorship exposure during the build, and feels that we missed an opportunity that won't soon be back again. I explained to him the tight schedule we were under and he understood. I also explained to Trevor how their product was a hit at the dealer show, but that we didn't have a 'head' unit so we couldn't demo it.

He indicated that at trade shows that's the best way to get exposure. He said that with the cab on their, the system sounds awesome. He also said that we don't need a stereo head, just an MP3 player or ipod. In fact, he said that's the way most people use his product.

I then went on to explain the other things we'll be doing to promo the sponsors' product (the stuff that you listed above, Gary). We ended the call very cordially. Gary...in my opinion, it would be a good idea for you to contact Trevor as well. Just a follow-up to my call. He also would like to talk with you about his ideas for the Greenville show as it relates to demo...ing his product.
I'm not going to have the Ranger in Greenville. It's in the shop until Neal is finished with it.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh....I misunderstood your above post regarding the Greenville show. I assumed that's what you meant when posted that we'd be promoting our sponsors at that show.

Well, I still think that it would be good for you to follow-up my phone call nonetheless. Your call.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Ran said:
Oh....I misunderstood your above post regarding the Greenville show. I assumed that's what you meant when posted that we'd be promoting our sponsors at that show.

Well, I still think that it would be good for you to follow-up my phone call nonetheless. Your call.
I will have an 11x14 color photo of our Ranger and a sponsor display board, but no actual Ranger at the show.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah...okay. Too bad we won't have the display unit there though. I understand why....just too bad.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
Here is my message to Trevor....

Trevor,

I am very sorry that you are disappointed with your involvement in the PRC project. This is our first build and we are learning as we go. Our Ranger is in Ohio for additional building and installs. We did a lot of "temporary" work just to get it ready for the Polaris dealer show, and there is a lot to be done yet. For instance, your product was only partially installed, and not even wired yet, but we wanted folks to see it at the dealer show. Hopefully we will have it done by December for my Mecosta show. I have a show in Greenville next weekend and I would be happy to hand out more literature for you like we did at the Polaris dealer show. You would have to get it shipped soon though to Gary Lenon, 23981 160th Ave, Hersey, Mi 49639. Your literature was grabbed up in the first hour at the Minnesota show. I won't have the Ranger next weekend, but we will have a huge color display photoof our project Ranger, plus our sponsor display board set up.

Trevor, you don't have to continue your banner advertising with PRC, especially if you have not gotten good results (which surprises me); we will still promote you at all our shows because we do appreciate you guys that made the build possible. We had a nice write-up on UTV Guide with sponsors listings and links included. We have a couple of magazine articles coming out on our Ranger, but they aren't very good at sharing sponsor information, but I did submit it. Also, if you have some promo photos or press releases on your product, please send them to me and I will feature you in a new section that I am working on featuring different forum sponsors.

We do care about our sponsors Trevor, and I hope that Randy helped with some of your questions.

Sincerely,

Gary Lenon
PRC Administrator

1 - 17 of 17 Posts