PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
’ve got a 2014 ranger xp 900. I’m new to this group. After riding for about 1 1/2 around 10-20 mhp it starts to stall, let off the pedal it make take on off or try to die. It gets really hot under the seats (fuse box- ecu) is hot and the cab. We just ride around farm and on the road a little. Haven’t had it long few months, it set up about a year, runs good except for that. Only 335 hours on it. Any information would be helpful

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You need to test the fuel pressure when it gets warmed up, and under load. I believe 58psi is what your looking for.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Pretty sure you can test from the Schrader valve. Leave it hooked up and run it till she gets hot. Stand on the gas a few times also and see if the pressure dips.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty sure you can test from the Schrader valve. Leave it hooked up and run it till she gets hot. Stand on the gas a few times also and see if the pressure dips.
I went ahead and ordered a fuel pump, considering the age and abuse it had before I bought it. It probably had some hard hours lol. I’ll pick a tester up today. When I bought it, it had about 4 gallons of mud and a carton of cigarettes butts in the tank from his kids (toys)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Holy crap Tony! Must have had to power wash that tank out!

Seeing the abuse its had. When you get it up and running. Spray some carb cleaner around the intakes at the motor. They had a tendency to develop a air leak in that area.

Mine developed a leak at 1500 miles. Rather than spending the money for a part that would fail again, I run a bead of copper permatex on the sealing surface and never had another problem with it.

Keep us posted.

Reactions: TonyF

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Seeing the abuse its had. When you get it up and running. Spray some carb cleaner around the intakes at the motor. They had a tendency to develop a air leak in that area.

Mine developed a leak at 1500 miles. Rather than spending the money for a part that would fail again, I run a bead of copper permatex on the sealing surface and never had another problem with it.

Keep us posted.

Keep us posted.
rj it runs good for about hour and half then starts stalling and trying to die, long as you let off the gas it stays running then may go 5ft or half mile or so

·
Registered
893 Posts
If it were me I would be looking for another tank. If its melted toys this could go on for a long time. If it had been a external pump as I had thought, you could have at least rigged an external tank while letting the original scrub as you play. At least a good inline filter and maybe some kind of filter over the intake that you can change frequently

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys I put new fuel pump in it Friday afternoon. Rode Friday about 3hours and Saturday about 3 hours no problems. Put my old pump in my neighbors 570 EFI (same part number) it started stalling about hour and half. He ordered I new pump because his I hard to start the first time. Somebody suggested the pump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts