PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm finally getting around to installing the rear brackets on my 2.5" SLC lift and I am either challenged in the engineering department of my brain or the dang thing doesn't fit.

The brackets they sent are too big to snug up against the factory upper shock mounts. Even if I forced them and just tighten the bolts down I'm worried I'm gonna damage the frame. I'll add pics ASAP.

Any and all input appreciated,

Doyle

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the bracket that goes to the rear of the machine:

Here's as close to the mount as you can get it by hand:

Don't judge me and my sausage fingers. Lol.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah I definitly it'll wouldn't use that. I'd be giving Stateline a call

Reactions: battledonkey

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I definitly it'll wouldn't use that. I'd be giving Stateline a call
That's the confirmation I was seeking. It didnt seem right. I'm throwing it back together stock now.

Also, I'm also gonna say that although it was probably dumb on my part I assumed that by buying their a arms and lift as a package (as their site prompts you to do) the camber issue would be non existent but I was horribly incorrect. Their stuff throws the camber out of whack all kinds of crazy. I should have asked but I didn't so at least part of the problem was me.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
It doesn't matter what combo of lift and a arms you use, the camber is gonna be off pretty bad. It's just something I've learned to live with

·
Registered
321 Posts
What does the camber look like. I have seen where the tires are leaning out and in on the top.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leaning out at the top. I'll try to post pics this evening.

·
Registered
309 Posts
FYI Here is the 2" Rear Signature Series Lift from High Lifter On my EV/LSV. Note the bracket is below the shock and was an easy installation. There is NO +/- camber issues.

IMG-20140901-00118.jpg

IMG-20140901-00121.jpg

IMG-20140903-00123.jpg

IMG-20140903-00125.jpg

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah that's a hl lift. Has nothing to do with this lift as it bolts onto the top of shock

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called yesterday and was asked to send an email with pics. I sent the email and still haven"t received a response.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And I was referring to the front camber DJ but nice machine and thanks for the input sir!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just called them. The person I was told to e-mail isn't even there today.... I was told they will forward the email to someone else and as soon as he can look at it they'll call me. I'm sure they're trying to get as much as they can knocked out and have a nice holiday just like everyone else but I guess I was hoping for a little more attention.

Oh well, crap happens. They're nice enough to talk to, was just hoping to enjoy any days off I get with my machine completed. Or at least be able to complete it during any days off!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well start grinding down those ears to where they fit and don't worry. It will hold up just fine. I'm too impatient to wait for them, I'd fix it myself

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So my buddy has me spooked about premature tie rod and ball bearing wear because of my ghetto camber. If I pull the spacer lift and just run the forward a arms I should have enough clearance for 28s and get rid of the junky camber correct?

Edit: I'm not a welder by any means so adding 5/8" to the arms is not an option for me. D'oh.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Nah man its not bad. I've been running like that for 3 years and have only changed bearings once. They are do to be changed again now but you've got to understand all I do I mud ride so they wear out faster for me. But I wouldn't worry about it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah man its not bad. I've been running like that for 3 years and have only changed bearings once. They are do to be changed again now but you've got to understand all I do I mud ride so they wear out faster for me. But I wouldn't worry about it
And your tires don't wear all crazy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
If you ride alot of pavement they will, but if you like me and only ride off road then no they'll be fine

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem with the SLC lift kit. IT DOES NOT FIT on a 2015 Polaris Ranger 570 midsize. Aint happening. The bracket lift for rear will not seat correctly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts